Question about bubble tip anemone

Discussion in 'Inverts' started by italianstali0n1, Mar 10, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. italianstali0n1

italianstali0n1 Astrea Snail

Well, today i put the rock on its side so he is now on the back side of the rock instead of underneath is. I did that when i woke up and he was just opening up. I got home from work and he was still open and even right now he still is. So hopefully things are on the right track and he is doing good and getting used to my tank. Another question though, how exactly do i feed him? Like, to i have to actually put a piece of shrimp in him? When i put them in the tank it seems like them go everywhere but to my BTA.

2. Click Here!

3. mufassathelion

mufassathelion Skunk Shrimp

i use a turkey baster near mine. slowly push the brine shirmp to the sticky tenticles. with the gupies i use either tweezers or my fingers n wiggle it to the tenticles.. and they pull them right in....

4. Stingray

Stingray Blue Ringed Angel

Your tank is way to new to care for an anenome, and don't think your lighting would be sufficiant either, they require a well established aquarium, and intense lighting aswell as pristine water conditions, i would take it out and give it to your m8 for the time being, it is recommended to add one after about 9-12 months.
    Just my HO

5. tigermike74

tigermike74 Panda Puffer

Your tank is way too young to sustain an anemone. Any fluctuations in water quality will be adverse to its health. They are simple cell creatures and are extremely exposed to bad water quality, they are like 90% water as it is. They are intolerant to any levels of ammonia and nitrites and must be kept at zero. Nitrates must be maintained below 10ppm for them to be happy.
    I would suggest taking it back to your LFS and see if they will take it back and give you credit for something else, maybe use that for equipment. At 2 months old, you should barely have starter fish in it. I don't mean to sound mean, that's not my intent. I just don't want to see a newbie go through the heartache of losing livestock over and over. It isn't fair to the animals, and it gets expensive too.

6. tigermike74

tigermike74 Panda Puffer

I would feed it mysis shrimp, brine has no nutritional value. If you want to feed it live food, stay away from FW fish, they will create a lot of health issues in saltwater animals. It's the same reason it's not good to feed lionfish FW guppies or feeder goldfish. You are better off feeding it baby damsels, they will provide the nutrients that are present in SW fish that it needs.