QT tank is set-up

Discussion in 'Diseases' started by Bogie, Mar 18, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Bogie

Bogie Snowflake Eel

the blue tang is acting/swimming/eating normally again in the 55 gal after a week in the qt with Coppersafe. within a few days, he's back to getting white stuff on him again - this time looks like infection and ich, and he's scratching up on the LR again. Poor little tang, I think he's on his own this time, I'm just going to keep feeding him. I think I did all I could. Is it possible the 2 yellow tail damsels are stressing him out, causing the ich outbreak?

2. Click Here!

3. Bogie

Bogie Snowflake Eel

A little more than a week later, the Blue Tang is looking healthy again. I haven't medicated with anything else. I put the carbon back in, put the skimmer back on, and have been feeding him seaweed with garlic extreme. Water parameters are still excellent, so we'll see how he does. Guess the best thing to do (if they're still eating) is to let them battle it out on their own. Here's how he's looking now, and he's grown just a bit.
    [​IMG]
    Thanks to all for your help with my first saltwater ich encounter.

4. bmshehan

bmshehan Fu Manchu Lion Fish

He had the flu, he's gotten over it for now, and is stronger for it! You ended up doing the right thing, glad everything worked out for ya! Keep us updated with his condition!