purple up?

Discussion in 'Water Chemistry' started by Fastlife, Apr 12, 2005.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. fletch

fletch Kole Tang

Fastlife I use all salifert test kits they cost a little more but they are very accurate and worth the little extra IMO ;) ........ John

2. Click Here!

3. ping

ping Plankton

I recently finished a bottle of purple up. No changes. I have have good experiences with B-onic

4. fletch

fletch Kole Tang

Last edited: Aug 31, 2006
  5. somethingfishy

somethingfishy Purple Spiny Lobster

[quote author=Jay link=board=Water;num=1113349470;start=0#4 date=04/13/05 at 01:20:01] Does anyone know of a good razor type scraper blade that will do good on acrylic tanks. I have used a razor and just scratch the s### out of the tank. I have 2 of the magnet pads but they are a lot of work and I end up getting in there up to my armpit with a white pad cleaning the purple off.

Jay[/quote]

Kent makes a plastic scraper for scraping acrylic. For a cheaper alternative they make plastic razor blades that do the trick. I would call an auto parts store they should carry them. Also a BL mention a credit card will work.

6. Covey

Covey Scooter Blennie

I am speaking from experience. I was trying to maintain my tank before I got around to buying the proper test kits. I tested the tank and my pH was 8.3 but my Cal was 350 and my KH was 20 :eek:. So yeah pH doesn't tell the whole story.

7. Fastlife

Fastlife Fire Worm

O.K. so if i get the 2 part mix ( B-ionic) do i need to get Strontium , Magnesium and Iodide additives? Or does the 2 part mix have all that is necessary?

8. Click Here!

9. Covey

Covey Scooter Blennie

It depends on the brand ,2 little fish and SeaChem both have the minor elements. You will just have to check the label. I don't think anyone buffer product have Iodine in them so you will have to dose that separate.

10. Birdlady

Birdlady Finback Whale

Actually , I just picked up this Ocean's Blend  from our reef club event this weekend, and it has iodine, magnesium, strontium, moly....and most of the elements in it aready in a two part buffer system.  I will begin using it this weekend and I will let all know how I like it. ;)

11. NUHTTY

NUHTTY Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

IMO many people over medicate their tanks...or over dose their tanks would be a better way of saying it.

If you have good coralline coverage now then I wouldnt add anything.

If you have poor coralline coverage then make sure you test the water first.

Never add anything to your tank without having a strong idea of where your numbers are at. And always test the day after adding anything as well.

I have never added anything to my tanks other than pH buffer on occasion during a water change