Purple Up question

Discussion in 'Water Chemistry' started by rking, Dec 30, 2006.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. geekdafied

geekdafied 3reef Sponsor

You all know what they say about opinions..... haha... I personally used purple up and liked the advantage of it, HOWEVER it started to overgrow the other coraline I had in my tank. I have beautiful burgundy colorations and I honestly would prefer to have that over the purple/pink. I stopped using purple up, but for the begginner who is wanting quick and simple way to boost your coraline growth, purple up is the way to. I went back to using Kents Liquid Calcium, That stuff promotes the growth of the coraline you already have.

2. Click Here!

3. bouraganes

bouraganes Peppermint Shrimp

I've tried the stuff and the results tell me it does work well but I am not that big on adding alot of extra suppliments to my tank- if you do use it I suggest using it sparingly

4. usmc121581

usmc121581 Astrea Snail

I use it in my 20gal reef and it works great. But when I used it in my 120gal reef it didnt do a thing so for the bigger tank I went with double dosing everyday with B-Ionic.

5. Deano

Deano Astrea Snail

Are the ingrediants in purple up as adequate as says kents marine essential elemtents? I have had good results with purple up and wonder if I should stick with it or move on to some thing else now that the coraline algea is beginning to grow sufficiantly. I want to move into soft corals.

6. Otty

Otty Giant Squid

What ever you are using just make sure you are checking your water parameters. PurpleUp or Kents is an additive and you want to make sure your not sending your tank parameters over the edge.

7. Kentanner11

Kentanner11 Coral Banded Shrimp

Hey where is the cheapest place to buy it?

8. Click Here!

9. Otty

Otty Giant Squid

Pet Solutions probably!

10. Kentanner11

Kentanner11 Coral Banded Shrimp

Cool will check there !

11. geekdafied

geekdafied 3reef Sponsor

check customaquatic.com

12. mattchew

mattchew Bristle Worm

Petsmart carries it now, i bought it for 14.99 from there about a month ago, just a side note: when i first dosed purple up into my tank, both my emerald crabs molted the same night.... im guessing from the iodine that is supplemented in the purpleup... odd that they just molted as soon as i dosed the same night.

After about 4 weeks, most all my rock has coralline on all of them, some are starting to get very thick in spots, but i have kept my tank in check from day one w/ my levels and use purple up only a few times a week, at half dosage and it doesnt affect my levels.

1 person likes this.