purple tip anemone

Discussion in 'Inverts' started by gsoria31, Sep 18, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. gsoria31

gsoria31 Astrea Snail

well that particular anemone doesnt accept hosts, thats what the guy told me. I asked the guy all these questions and he said he would be ok in my tank.

2. Click Here!

3. PackLeader

PackLeader Giant Squid

Have you kept a purple tip? 76 is in their normal temp range; raising the temp would do nothing but probably stress the animal even more. BTW anemone's are not corals.
    Anemone's are incredibly fascinating creatures and are interesting to watch. There is a multitude of reason's one might keep one even if you dont have clowns. But there is a HUGE risk in doing so, which is why I personally will never try to keep one again.
    To each his own.

4. gsoria31

gsoria31 Astrea Snail

Now hes open again. He needs to attach himself to a rock right? Not the sand?

Attached Files:

5. REDMANS CUBE

REDMANS CUBE Fire Shrimp

i know they not corals i am just saying that he may want to start out with some beginner corals. at the end of the day any anemone is harder to keep than all beginer corals IMO

and really consider adding LR it looks nice and your maintance will decrease.

6. gsoria31

gsoria31 Astrea Snail

well guys he croked..really sucks. He was almost completely closed up with a few tentacles sticking out. I kept poking him and he was completely stiff. Ypu guys recomend any good test kits out there?

7. PackLeader

PackLeader Giant Squid

Did he die in the tank? If he did you need to start running carbon in your filter right away.
    API makes good test kits

8. Click Here!

9. cooljjay

cooljjay Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

I just tossed mine a few days ago, he was extremely stressed due to the light. i was hoping he would make it but when i seen him balled when i came home from work i knew I had to toss him before he polluted my tank. now my new light is here and I can try again. I already had a great disaster with a snowflake. I believe I finally got my tank running correctly. I must recommend that you get live rock, invest in a nice skimmer and lighting system, and by all means use ro/di water for topping off. usually when you get an algae outbreak green or brown or red there is a problem some where. I am trying to explain this same thing to a co worker.

10. gsoria31

gsoria31 Astrea Snail

im sorry rodi to top off? Is that some kind of chemical for the water?

11. gsoria31

gsoria31 Astrea Snail

12. cooljjay

cooljjay Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

Reverse osmosis/deionized water, to top off aka add water due to evaporation. I have a huge problem with evap in my 33gal. Also use the water when you make your saltwater, I buy it from wal mart or safeway 75-98cents a gal until i can put out the 200+ dollars for a tap water filter.