purple tip anemone

Discussion in 'Inverts' started by gsoria31, Sep 18, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. PackLeader

PackLeader Giant Squid

Will pet-co let you bring him back? Like I said, if it dies, it will realese toxins and could wipe out everything in your tank

2. Click Here!

3. gsoria31

gsoria31 Astrea Snail

Does he look like hes dying to you? Ive only had him for a day. Someone told me he might be looking for a spot that he likes....Ya i definately dont want my puffer to die ive gotten pretty attached to the little guy.

4. PackLeader

PackLeader Giant Squid

It does to me. Generally, even if they move around, they shouldnt stay balled up and puffy like that. It looks like its very stressed to me

1 person likes this.
  5. gsoria31

gsoria31 Astrea Snail

Damnit. Ok ill watch the guy for another day if he doesnt get better ill try and take him back. Thanks for the help brother.

6. REDMANS CUBE

REDMANS CUBE Fire Shrimp

i would just flush it if its on its way out. i dunno if anyone has said ne thing but i believe 76 degrees is alittle low.

7. sauce-n-tank

sauce-n-tank Feather Duster

just to add in cause i have some experience with a couple of anemone.. and when it balls up that way thats just its defence mechanism due to water perameters cause when the water is good it should shrink but also stay open and floating till it reaches to its destination.

8. Click Here!

9. gsoria31

gsoria31 Astrea Snail

I looked in the petco website for that particular species and its in the range of where its supposed to be.

10. PackLeader

PackLeader Giant Squid

76 is a little on the low side, but not anything dangerous. It doesnt have anything to do with the anemone's quick demise

11. REDMANS CUBE

REDMANS CUBE Fire Shrimp

ya but i doesnt help. how was it introduced to the tank? have you ever had a coral before i would suggest getting some star polyps and work your way up. just get it out of your tank asap, it will die. you dont have any fish that would host in it so really what the point of having it.

12. Grotto

Grotto Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

Actually, my Purple-Tip likes it when its a bit on the cooler side, when the tank gets to 81 during the summer he doesn't open as much and just seems a little stressed out. But now that its cool my tank can drift down to 75-76 at night and he absolutely loves it, opening more at the lower temps then when the lights heat the tank up to 78-79 as the day progresses. You can bet your butt I'll have a chiller for next summer :p.