Purple Tang Sick!!

Discussion in 'Diseases' started by el_sillo, Aug 25, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. el_sillo

el_sillo Spaghetti Worm

Hi, everyone hope you guys are having an excellent day, my day was great until i came home and saw my purple tang with his tail fin with a white spot and a hole, and on one oh his front fins it has a white spot as well on his stomach, I really cant figure what disease it is! please help! thanks

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  2. Click Here!

3. Reefers1

Reefers1 Astrea Snail

It is ich, Don't worry these fish always get these when you put them in tanks. They'll be gone soon, They are stressed atm cus they got no turf to own yet but once they find your aquarium a good home they'll be fine and the ich will be gone. Sometimes it takes time if you got other fishes in their and they boss him.

4. aquariaman

aquariaman Pajama Cardinal

If he has a hole in his tail then that means what someone is probably bullying him. What other fish do you have in your tank?

5. Newreef15

Newreef15 Horrid Stonefish

6. el_sillo

el_sillo Spaghetti Worm

blue hippo, mandarin, 2 clown, small watchman, small 6line wrasse, and a purple firefish, but its strange because he has been the bully of the aquarium since the very beginning he was the second fish i bought after the clownfish pair. i think its a disease but ich its small white dots, and this are more bigger

7. Vinnyboombatz

Vinnyboombatz Giant Squid

That tank is way overstocked.IMO Could be stressed out.:cry::cry::cry:

8. Click Here!

9. el_sillo

el_sillo Spaghetti Worm

mmm yeah it might be that, but im soon going to upgrade to a 125g ;D got a great deal on craigslist! but just to know for sure is it something i should worry about like a disease or is it just that it got in a fight?

10. Vinnyboombatz

Vinnyboombatz Giant Squid

It looks to me either its fighting with another fish, its getting stung from contact with corals, or a combination of these and an infection. In such a small tank it is probably hard for it to swim in there without contacting the corals.It could possibly be Ich but its hard to tell from the picture. I am not trying to be a jerk but it always makes more sense to purchase appropriate fish for the size tank you currently own not what you might own in the future.;) Good luck.