Purple Tang Parasites ??

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by RHagemann, Nov 8, 2006.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. RHagemann

RHagemann Plankton

Hi,
    I have a Purple Tang that I purchased a few weeks ago. Yesterday I noticed it's poop was white & stringy, and stayed attached for several minutes. Unlike the usual, flush and it's out. Sorry if this sounds gross, just trying to explain the situation the best I can here.

I'm not new to the hobby but have never experienced this with a fish before. I've done some reading on-line and everything I can find points to internal parasites. The fish eats like a horse, brine shrimp, Nori, Formula 2, you name it, it'll eat it.

Not a mark on the fish, eyes are clear, fins are perfect, no other signs of parasitic infection. Swims very strong, very social, no signs of being under any type of stress.

Am I safe just letting it be, and watching? I'd hate to come home tomorrow and see it broken out with something worse if I can and should do something now to treat it.

I appreciate any advice or experiences you can provide

Rob

2. Click Here!

3. Powderbluetang

Powderbluetang Astrea Snail

Your fish has internal parasites that needs to be medicated. The white stringy poop indicates that it has parasites. Try to get Anti-Parasite medicated fish food made Jungle and follow the instruction on the label.
    I had a Naso Tang doing the same after medicating he is healthy and poops normally.

1 person likes this.