Purple rim monti

Discussion in 'Frags' started by Nightstick, Aug 11, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Nightstick

Nightstick Purple Spiny Lobster

I just bought a set of 3 frag mags, I'll take pics and let you guys know how they turn out!

2. Click Here!

3. jkat21

jkat21 Bangghai Cardinal

Those frag-mags look awsome...let us know how they work out for ya..

4. mattheuw1

mattheuw1 Montipora Capricornis

FYI....you do not need to dry a surface or drain your tank to glue a frag to the wall. Super glue gel can be applied underwater. You just always have to apply it to both surfaces otherwise it will not work correctly. The water is what makes it cure and thicken up. Try gluing something out of the water thats dry. the super glue gel will take more than 5 mins to dry. In the tank takes about 15 seconds.

5. crazy reef love

crazy reef love Skunk Shrimp

My friend used suction cups and attached them to the plug that the monti frag was on. and that worked for him. But the magnet would be better probably

6. Nightstick

Ok, here is the low down on the Frag Mags! I ordered three for $19.99 (Free shipping) they arrived in about four days. I had huge frags of purple tip and pink monti waiting to be mounted. I have very little trouble mounting them to the mags but I did run into a problem when attaching them to the back wall. The weight of the frag was a bit too much for the magnet to hold up! I rate these frag mags 8 out of 10. They would work awesome for zoo's or any other small to medium weight frag. If you were on the fence about buying these, I would recommend these to just about anyone.

7. justjosh

justjosh Plankton

Those Frag Mags look really awesome! If you mounted some gsp or some zoas on them, im sure they would cover the back wall in no time. If you have them lets see some pics! :)

8. Click Here!

9. Nightstick

I know I am so bad with pics, my monti's love being that close to the lighting, these are pretty good!

10. Gexx

Gexx Giant Squid

i think it would look cool with SPS coral on the back of the tank.