purple people eaters?

Discussion in 'Soft Corals' started by mushroom_man, Feb 15, 2005.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. mushroom_man

mushroom_man Bubble Tip Anemone

miami,right near da beach BOYE!, FL,Florida
    ok this might be strange but my boss has a lot of colonies of this polyp that is rather large. like the size of my pinky each polyp!!! anyways he says that the whole saler was selling them as purple people eaters and that they sell for 40 bucks a polyp to the public... i have never heard of these and wanted to know if anyone else has. they are a gorgeous speciman; huge bright purple polyp with neon green feeder tentacles and like the length of your fingers. i also went looking here in fl for the at the other lfs's and they are asking me if i have them to frag. so apearantly theres alot of hoopla about these little people eaters... :-/

2. Click Here!

3. mushroom_man

the stalk is the length of your fingers*

4. pdlman

pdlman Astrea Snail

get him to give you a frag! I got some over a year ago and it is now 23-26 polyps. I could get 3-4 hundred on ebay EASY. They are beautiful

5. mushroom_man

THANK YOU!!! thats the ones im talking about!!! ya hes going to give me a good chunk of like 3-5 polyps for like cost. so thats prolly like $15 for the whole frag

6. OoNickoC

OoNickoC Bubble Tip Anemone

mman....if you can get a pic and i can buy some of those please PM me....thanks.

7. Bruce

Bruce Giant Squid

i want to buy some too :)

8. Click Here!

9. Astalie

Astalie Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

10. Bruce

Bruce Giant Squid

hmmm those are the expensive ones? lol i might have 1 in a colony of zoos, its the only one that looks diff from the rest and looks alot like that

11. Astalie

Astalie Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

There were two more on the site that I saw that were called purple ppl eaters. that one was the only one that had a price, the other two were for trade only so who knows what he was wanting for them. i just don't get why their so... $pecial...

12. pdlman

pdlman Astrea Snail

Dont be fooled! There are alot of palys out there, and they make names like RPE and GPE-they are a dime a dozen. The true PPE are bold deep purple under any light, MH/PC/VHO etc.. with a vivid green skirt. I know plenty of people that have gotten screwed on what was suppose to be PPE