Purple goniopora.

Discussion in 'LPS Corals' started by Swisswiss, Oct 16, 2013.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Swisswiss

Swisswiss Caribbean Reef Squid

Its shyly coming out, mainly at night, dusk and dawn. At noon when my lights are at maximum intensity it contracts solidly. Could it be getting use to my light? I have started spot feeding it rotifers and it does seem to have actually helped a little

2. Click Here!

3. Swisswiss

Latest pic (yesterday) ImageUploadedByTapatalk1382195902.707596.jpg

4. Rhoads238

Rhoads238 Spaghetti Worm

oh wow it looks like the color will be beautiful when it decides to come out. I'm totally envious and ill be on the lookout for a purple one now. You know what that could be the problem. Mine go away every day when i hit noon on my radion and then pop back out later on. What kind of lighting is it under and how far away from it? is it directly under it.

Also i could be wrong but is it close to the glass? when i had my first one there it wouldn't open fully. When i moved it to the center of the tank it opened up fully.

5. Swisswiss

Its under radions as well, was in a more direct placement before and i moved it (for the last time) to a place where it is slightly more shaded by a rock above it. Flow is intermittent soft and its placed on my sand bed, its about 5-10 cm away from the glass

6. Swisswiss

I may be going crazy but it seems like its main mantel has become a slightly darker grey

7. Rhoads238

Rhoads238 Spaghetti Worm

Try moving it back from the glass more if you can. Thats about where i had mine and it did not like it. It took me a few days to figure it out and when I did it opened beautifully. My tank is about 60cm x 60cm and i moved it to about 20-25 cm away from the glass. Mine is directly under my radion about 70cm above.