purewaterclub.com RO/DI for $89 - $99 anyone have any input...

Discussion in 'Water Chemistry' started by jas3600, Apr 1, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. itzjuju

itzjuju Plankton

hey, i recently bought there 2 output model (drinking & aquarium use) for a build and i am very happy with it. I have mine plumbed right under the kitchen sink with a 4 gallon pressurized tank for drinking. I have no leaks, just make sure all the hoses are all secured in the quick connections.

2. Click Here!

3. AZDesertRat

AZDesertRat Giant Squid

There are major differences in the quality and build of reef units and ebay type drinking water systems. The long term cost of wonership ends up being much greater on the cheap units versus the better reef quality units so the cheap initial cost is soon forgotten when you start paying more to maintain and upgrade it. This is proven time an again, with RO/DI you really do get what you pay for. Often ebay units use prefilters that are about as effective as a screen door so carbons plug or fail and membranes plug and fail leading to costly replacements while the better units keep chugging away saving you money.
    I would be glad to point out the differences piece by piece.