purewaterclub.com RO/DI for $89 - $99 anyone have any input...

Discussion in 'Water Chemistry' started by jas3600, Apr 1, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. cuttingras

cuttingras Starving Artist :)

get the tank! it comes with a auto shut off and I wish I had bought it. I overflow my kitty litter buckets all the time. I forget when I have it running! seems it would have made my life easier!

2. Click Here!

3. glassbox-design

glassbox-design Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

RO/DI housings are cheap...the difference is in the filters and you certainly get what you pay for. For the most part 0tds is 0tds, and you have fairly good water at the tap you can possibly get away with a cheaper RO/DI unit.

If not, look elsewhere. Dow Filmtec RO membranes are as good as they get. Also look for a full DI chamber to really clean up the water.

I'd suggest Spectra Pure. Their max cap line will save more money in the long run, lowest waste water ratio available. If you're not looking to drop that kind of money, there simple units work well also.

FWIW, we ordered ours from Marine Depot with free shipping. If you compare the price with shipping costs you will see they are on par with others such as Air Water Ice, Buckeye and The Filter Guys.

4. bawest

bawest Fire Worm

I use this unit.

I bought it off of eBay.

Ditto on the tank. Unless you are using a float valve.

To make a temporary hookup, when ordering the unit, tell them you want to hook it up to the faucet and they will chose that hardware for your feed line instead of the saddle valve. They have 3 or 4 options for installation.

5. kedron

kedron Flamingo Tongue

i have one and have found out that most filters fit it i think a lot of them are universal as far as the stages once you figure out how they work you can ad and delete the stages as you need, and you can even add stages for more filtration but after a while its just over kill but that is never a bad thing when it come to water quality

6. AZDesertRat

AZDesertRat Giant Squid

Very low quality at best. If you want a true reef quality system take a look there in your home state of Ohio at the 75 GPD Premium from www.buckeyefieldsupply.com or his reef residential system which is still a reef unit but with an added drinking water kit. Its cheaper to buy a reef quality system and add a drinking kit than to but a drinking water system and convert it for reef use.

I could point out the differences if anyone is interested but most are obvious like name brand (and stated names not implied) RO membranes, low micron prefilters and carbon, vertical DI, TDS meter, bypass valve , pressure gauge etc.

7. Surf rider

Surf rider Bristle Worm

I purchase their 100 gal/day model, I think about $95 with extra filters over a year ago. It has worked flawlessly. I occassionally lay it down on various sides when in use to be sure water flow goes over the entire filter areas. It will definitely put out 100 gallons of RO/DI in 24 hours. I line the bottles up in the back yard, let the overflow water the lawn when I am doing something else and forget I have it running. I recommend it.

8. Click Here!

9. rd210001

rd210001 Plankton

purewaterclub RO/DI unit - great price poor performance

i bought this ealrier in the year. I got the 100 GPD unit for $140 approx. I would not recommend this unit for sure, :-
    1) there are leaks all over . Water dripping from joints. People living downstairs keep complaining of water dripping from their roof top. Bad... i feel bad. i just call from my neighbor again.
    2)The unit has 6 stage that includes a DI stage as well. I was expecting neutral to acidic water but the KH remain very high at 14 DKH, It has been a constant struggle with water chemistry.

I was also bought a additional DI add on 7th stage from bulk reef supply. To my surprise it did not leak at all. so now i need to spend again to probalbly buy a unit from bulfreefsupply that i hope will solve the KH issue as well.

10. blackraven1425

blackraven1425 Giant Squid

I would go with Spectrapure; they have a better unit than bulkreefsupply does.

11. AZDesertRat

AZDesertRat Giant Squid

12. sailorguy

sailorguy Torch Coral

By looking at the ad it appears that the $90 unit is r/o only.The $100 unit has two small D/I filters which are mounted horizontally,appear to be an add on to their R/O unit,not good. The unit also has no pressure gauge or tds meter included.You can do much better with Spectrapure.