PuMp

Discussion in 'Refugium' started by fly, Jul 23, 2013.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. fly

fly Astrea Snail

Hi,

400gph pump? 650gph pump? 245L

Attached Files:

2. Click Here!

3. RoloSaez

RoloSaez Millepora

What's the grey on the left?

4. Marshall O

Marshall O Giant Squid

And are you asking for pump recommendations? How many feet from where the sump is to the top of the tank?

5. FatBastad

FatBastad Zoanthid

http://www.3reef.com/forums/refugium/refugium-148289.html

here is your earlier post, I was thinking it was quite a few pages but apparently not.
    few suggestions in there anyway.

it's simple. you find out how many gallons your overflow can handle, determine how many feet from your sump to the top of your display tank (head height), find a return pump you can afford that does less GPH than your overflow is rated. I recommend putting a ball valve on your return line so you can adjust the return flow if needed.
    (If you get a larger return pump than your overflow can handle, you can adjust it with the return valve as well)

But seriously, there is a ton of info out there about this. If you can't even do a LITTLE research, you're at the top of a steep hill in this hobby...

6. Biocube

Biocube Giant Squid

I would go with the the highest pump you can get, this way you can dial it back and if needed you can add Reactors ect...

7. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

Posts deleted. Let's try to keep things friendly and diplomatic around here. If you don't want to help, don't post.