Pump semi-stopped working

Discussion in 'Eshopps Inc.' started by BlueWaters10, Jun 12, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. BlueWaters10

BlueWaters10 Skunk Shrimp

I have had my skimmer for about 3 months PSK-100 H and yesterday I was doing some dosing so I turned off the skimmer for the night (1st time I have done this). Once plugging it back in I had MAXIMUM OVERFLOW! I turned the adjustment down to nothing and was still getting overflow. I took the skimmer apart (not the pump) and gave it a good cleaning only to plug it back in and it do nothing. The prop spins but it is only creating a few bubbles and the water level wont increase in the chamber(even when i plug the air intake). It is currently in a vinegar and water solution. That looks to be so the suggestion per your instruction sheet (which looks like a 1st grader wrote, seriously who misspells "must" ). Any other suggestions?

2. Click Here!

3. BlueWaters10

Pump is a Atman ph 1100

4. thepanfish

thepanfish Flying Squid

Last edited: Jun 12, 2011
  5. BlueWaters10

Okay, after a flooded floor the pump is now working. I actually had to suck on the air intake tube to get it to siphon (in the past i just have been able to put my finger on the end). But I have some CRAZY bubbling going on and I cant seem to keep it from over flowing no matter what I adjust it to.

6. BlueWaters10

Does anyone know of a way to adjust these pumps?

7. BlueWaters10

Last night I tested for air leaks on the intake (none). So i went out and bought a 1 way air valve and placed it on the intake hose and that is keeping me from overflowing for now. My 90 gallon tank is still getting completely FULL of bubbles when I turn this thing on. The water level inside appears to be surging up and down and the water coming out of the output surges also (before it was a constant trickle with no bubbles). Any ideas?

8. Click Here!

9. eshopps

eshopps 3reef Sponsor

hey sorry for the late reply as we're off over the weekend. we will look at the instruction with the spelling.

10. eshopps

eshopps 3reef Sponsor

a quick note on your problem here is that you just need to re-start the siphon one. the instruction can be found in your FAQ instruction.

11. evolved

evolved Wrasse Freak

Check the air line and air intake on the pump for obstructions. They'll often nearly clog with salt creep after a few months.

12. BlueWaters10

Air intake was not obstructed (it is now because i have to obstruct it to keep it from over flowing). I contacted customer support today and i think we have worked things out. I will let everyone know how long it takes for replacement pump. It seems like there is an issue with the impeller spinning violently and creating excess bubbles. Seems to be making a rattle noise also. Sandy from customer service was very nice.