pulsing xenia

Discussion in 'Soft Corals' started by madjam, Apr 1, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. sjcs24

sjcs24 Astrea Snail

My xenia looks exactly like yours in the picture Vancop. It started off really tall and beautiful, then it closed up, shriveled or whatever and has been that way since. That was over a month ago. It looks the same, no change, no melting either though. I dosed a ph buffer right before it happened and that may have been the cause, needless to say, I never dosed that again. It still has not come back out yet, I keep hoping it will. Please, let me know how things go with yours. Wishing you the best!

2. Click Here!

3. Vancop

Vancop Skunk Shrimp

Here is a before and after the Iodine Dip. Hard to see in the Atenics but I can see a noticable difference after the DIP. I tested my Iodine levels today and on the 90 gallon tank ( original tank Xenia was in ) tested 0.00 and I moved it to the 125 newly cycled tank and the levels were 0.02....that would explain the little improvement in the Xenia ....and after the DIP it is continuing to improve .....now that I have added some Iodine to the water, can only hope it continues to improve!!

Water is now 0.06 in both tanks....I'm hoping the iodine levels in the tanks have been the problems I have been seeing with both corals and inverts !!

The Sun is beginning to SHINE!!

Attached Files: