pulsing xenia

Discussion in 'Soft Corals' started by PorkyBubs, Jul 28, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. pwoller

pwoller Spaghetti Worm

I think we can all agree to test what you are dosing for. I was simply trying to give the thread starter some information to look into. As I first stated, I heard xenia like Iodine. I have been adding it to my tanks and have had great success with xenia, fish, SPS, LPS. I will add some pictures tomorrow when the lights are on for you Daniel072.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2008
  2. Click Here!

3. ssgheislerswife

ssgheislerswife Ritteri Anemone

My lights are never on, but this is a bit personal and really shouldn't be. You dose iodine, and that's fine, but you also tested for it when you first started dosing so you knew how much to dose. The person who started this post added 1/2 a capful just to see if it would make the xenia pulse, when the reality is sometimes they just don't pulse. 1/2 a capful of iodine in a tank that already has plenty is not a good idea.

Thanks for offering your advice and thanks for adding that you did test until you figured out your tanks consumption rate, but please remember that each tanks consumption rate is different. That's why the proper testing equipment is the single most important thing we can have as reefers.

Gin

4. pwoller

pwoller Spaghetti Worm

I never gave recommendations on ammounts of Iodine to add, I simply said that I have had success with it. Thanks for your input though! And let me know when your tank finishes cycling.

5. ssgheislerswife

It finished cycling about 4 weeks ago.

6. pwoller

pwoller Spaghetti Worm

Ok. Well mine finished cycling about 4 years ago. Again I was just trying to give the original poster something to look into to improve his xenias health.

7. pwoller

pwoller Spaghetti Worm

I would like to clarify something. ONLY ADD IODINE TO YOUR TANK IF YOU ARE TESTING. ALTHOUGH IT HAS WORKED FOR ME, I DONT WANT YOU TO OVERDOSE YOUR TANK. Sorry for any confussion.

1 person likes this.
  8. Click Here!

9. ssgheislerswife

Amen to that! And, it was nice chatting with you! Like I said before, you've always been helpful to me and no harm was meant!

Ginny

1 person likes this.
  10. pwoller

pwoller Spaghetti Worm

Sorry for getting defensive. I agree, nice chatting with you too! Sorry if I miss lead anyone on my original suggestion. Good luck to all of my fellow reefers.