Puffer Chick's 46 Gallon Bowfront Reef

Discussion in 'Show Off Your Fish Tanks!' started by Puffer Chick, Jul 26, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

So it begins! The making of yet another reef. It will take me a while to get this tank up and running because of the whole money issue, i've been buying the equipment little by little. I have everything that i need so far, except the lighting and skimmer, but i know which one i will be getting, it's just a matter of paying of my credit card first. Oh yea, for the black backing, i did not paint it, but if anyone is interested of what i did i bought the 5% professional tint film that's charcoal grey color, looks pitch black, and looks great.

Plans for stocking is a mixed reef with peaceful fish

current stock list: black and white clowns, McCoskers Flasher Wrasse, Helfirchi Firefish, Melanurus Wrasse

Equipment:
    46 gallon bowfront
    36" 4x39W Tek Light T5
    Ocotopus Bh 800s Skimmr
    200w visi therm stealth heater
    Vortech MP 20 Powerhead + 1 maxijett 1200

Attached Files:

• 002.JPG
      002.JPG
      File size:
      36.5 KB
      Views:
    • 003.JPG
      003.JPG
      File size:
      42.3 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2010
    3 people like this.
  2. Click Here!

3. devlzluv

devlzluv Ritteri Anemone

Nice, lol now get that badboy filled with water!

4. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

lol i want to, but i'm going to wait until i get all the equipment first, then once the C.C. is paid off from the lighting and skimmer, i'll go to the LFS and get the water, sand, and rock. So it's going to be sitting empty for a little while

5. Daniel072

Daniel072 Giant Squid

NICE congrads on it!!!!!!!!

6. devlzluv

devlzluv Ritteri Anemone

You may want to look into getting a ro/di cuz your gonna get sick of goign to store to get water then bam somethign catchs your eye and you gotta have it!

7. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

thanks :) with the tank up in my room, it finally feels like it's coming to reality. I have always wished and hoped i could do a reef, but now, i actually can, just going to take a while until i can get it going, and this hobby is REALLY going to test my paitence as i don't have much of it, but maybe it will end up making me paitent for other things in the long run.

8. Click Here!

9. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

lol that's what i'm worried about. I'm going to try it for a while, then if i get to impulsive about wanting to get stuff when i go there, ill get my own. I think my first batch of water i'll buy 50 gallons worth, that way i have a little extra water for WC's and top offs.

10. unclejed

unclejed Whip-Lash Squid

Ah, yes....to start a new tank! I feel the excitement all over again. Have fun!!

11. devlzluv

devlzluv Ritteri Anemone

good plan, lol watch im tellign ya self control. I did somethign stupid and got a sailfin for my 65 thinking o ill keep him for 6 months now I feel bad and need to upgrade and since the wife said no one in this family will be given away shes letting me get a 90g long so he will have 60 inchs of swimming room. Puffers are cool cant wait to see the full setup

12. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

hahah thanks :D