PSK-75H pump fried and you sent me a broken pump!

Discussion in 'Eshopps Inc.' started by Dragonfish, Mar 24, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Dragonfish

Dragonfish Plankton

I've been in contact with Chris about this issue, but now he hasn't replied to my last email in two days. Here is the back story. I bought this skimmer online about 7 months ago for my 38 gallon corner tank. Right off the bat I had trouble getting the pump to start, I always had to unplug it and plug it back in a couple times or blow in the air tube or occasionally it would start by itself. Then on March 7 I got home from work to find that the skimmer wasn't running. We had apparently had a power outage and the pump didn't restart. When I looked at it I freaked. It was really hot to the touch and looked like this:

[​IMG]

I emailed Chris the next morning and got a reply later that night. He was understanding and said he'd send me a new pump right away. A few days later I hadn't heard anything so I asked when I should expect to get the new pump and he replied a couple hours later and told me "[FONT=&quot]You should get it by mid next week, thanks. We had to order it for you because your has the old plumbing which we don’t have in stock."

The middle of next week came and went so I emailed again on the 18th. Again Chris replied a few hours later and told me "
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]You should expect to receive your pump by early next week. We had to order one of the screw for your pump because we didn’t have in stock. Thanks for your patience." I thought that was a bit weird, because there aren't any screws on these pumps. I received the pump on the 22nd and this is what I received.

[​IMG]

The pump was well packaged and there was no box damage. There is clearly glue all over the cracked area. There is old dry algae inside the volute. It's pretty obvious that they shipped me somebody else's old broken pump that a repair had been attempted on. I emailed back on the 22nd with this picture and haven't heard anything since. If you read this can you please reply or email me back or something? My tank has been without a skimmer for weeks now and I really need to get this fixed.
    [/FONT]

2. Click Here!

3. Jmblec2

Jmblec2 Corkscrew Tentacle Anemone

Hmm i am very glad that you posted this. I was considering one of thier skimmers.

4. alpha_03

alpha_03 Bubble Tip Anemone

Heh, esopps blew me off completely- even after finally speaking directly with them (Louie) here and on the phone, I filled a case with the BBB, and Saturday I am sending a letter to the Interstate Commerce division of their state (California).

Talk about CRAP- you have no idea. Check out my thread in the eshopps area of this website.

5. mikev15101

mikev15101 Purple Spiny Lobster

Thank you folks for the information, I was all ready to order everything for my 125g, I had the RS-300 sump picked out and R-300 fuge and PSK-300 skimmer all ready to order was just waiting for pay day tomorrow. After seeing the way the products and support is, I changed my mind. Hope maybe they help you out, this is a popular forum so I know it spread.

6. ReefCreep

ReefCreep Plankton

I have no idea what you are all talking about, i have a eshopps skimmer and it did as good as the whole eshopps set up i have on my 75 , RS-200 (sump,fuge,overflow,and everything) setup. It all worked perfect for a solid 2 months , then like domino's each piece F#$%@& up untill there was nothing left. The best part of the whole thing was the extremely responsive staff @ eshopps , telling me to email this and call that and send this and email it all back. Only a quick one month later and i finally got a replacement pump for my skimmer. i honestly believe that no one at eshopps cares about the customer at any point past the sale, I mean no direct telephone number? who the crap can deal with email tag while there tank simply declines into chaos? and then the final straw to break it all i get a phone number from the LFS to who they call for products and the person cant even speak coherent english. : ) im sorry i must have dialed the im not actually in a hurry line for fixing anything. Bottom line is i would give the hobby up as a whole ( 8 years now) rather than run ANY eshopps product. Eshopps = joke

7. mikev15101

mikev15101 Purple Spiny Lobster

Now, I know this will be viewed by a mod, which I want. Is there any type of policy to being a sponsor here, or is it just as long as you give money? Has there ever been a sponsor removed because of poor business practice? It would seem to almost reflect negatively on 3reef for backing a sponsor that does not work to correct their mistakes. Just looking for some information.

8. Click Here!

9. Nvizn

Nvizn Montipora Digitata

Interesting.... I must say, that's quite professional. There seems to be quite a few complaints with them recently.

10. hasek1639

hasek1639 Fire Shrimp

i am going to back Eshopps i have run there stuff. I have had it for like 2yrs now and its pretty amazing equipment. When i had issues with the skimmer overflowing they were extremely fast emailing back and fixed it right away. Theres always 2 sides to a story remember.

11. Nvizn

Nvizn Montipora Digitata

The service they provided "years" ago is not a direct reflection of it today. I use their PF800 overflow box, but considering the consistant complaints with their skimmers, that is all that I would use.

12. destinationluna

destinationluna Skunk Shrimp

Good business just says never underestimate the consumer. Sounds like someone over there needs to lose there job and the new pump needs to be sent with a letter of appoligy. just my opinion

one thing to say Reef Octopus

Last edited: Mar 25, 2011