Psk-300

Discussion in 'Eshopps Inc.' started by alpha_03, Mar 4, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. alpha_03

alpha_03 Bubble Tip Anemone

Well I spoke with a fella on the phone he was to call me back on monday night but never did.

I guess I will call him one more time then that is it- then we take this to the next level.

I will be damed if I get screwed out of nearly 300 bucks.

2. Click Here!

3. alpha_03

Well I just got off the phone with these people, specfically- Louie, he was very rude, this after he played phone tag with me last friday night 5 times, he promised he would call me back monday evening- he did not do so. So I called him, once again, today, tuesday March 15th.

Originally, Louie offered me a deal (my PSK-300 plus another 150 bucks for a used S-200) as of the last time we spoke on friday. Louie also openly admitted to having numerous issues with the pumps they are using.

Now he has changed the deal- no cross shipping- he wants paid in full up front for the skimmer he wants to exchange plus I have to pay shipping, plus me to pay to ship my skimmer back to him- all in advance, and then give me a refund of the difference- no way- I cant afford that at the moment I told him.

When I asked for his superior, he refused to give me this information, then he said he would refund my money, and yet wouldnt even let me get their shipping address, then suddenly he gave me their "supposed address" then very quickly hung up on me, I was very polite. These people are crooks.

Time to contact the BBB.

4. alpha_03

Heh, just got an email from eshopps- now they wont refund/do anything since my last post here.

Now that is great customer service for ya.

BTW, I noticed they are no longer a Reef Central sponsor any longer either. I smell rotten tuna.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2011
  5. dahenley

dahenley Plankton

They havent been a sponsor on RC for a long time. (your not paying attention)
    and When you rent a tool from a shop, they ask for the full price, and when you bring it back, they refund you the money. what makes that any difference then this?
    When you order something online, and there is a problem, they give 2 different options depending on the place,
    1) they send a UPS lable, and you mail off the product, and once they recieve it, they send you the other.
    2) you pay for shipping back, and they pay for shipping to you.

It sounds like a one sided ordeal.
    sounds like some people just cant be pleased.
    (and the whole BBC and lawsuit thing on the first page was a little over the top!)
    its like threatning someone and then expecting everything to be hunky dory after words....
    It sure left a bad taste in my mouth after reading this, and i dont even work for them....

(oh, and you have a skimmer rated for 300+ gal and your running it on a 160gal tank.... You say heavy bio load, but you might not have enough bio to pull a constant nog... I hooked PSK-300 up on a 120gal tank with multiple tangs and lots of coral, and it would barly pull anything. i downgraded it to a PSK-150, and it pulls more nasty stuff then a friend with a Bubble King 180.
    i put the 300 on my 240gal tank, and it works amazing. so have you ever thought you have too big of a skimmer. YES ITS POSSIBLE.)

6. reefmonkey

reefmonkey Giant Squid

I have to totally agree with this entire post. If you want respect you need to give it first and I can only imagine that you went in both guns blazing from the beginning. And why didn't you contact the vendor you originally purchased the skimmer from? Eshopps doesn't sell to individual hobbiest only reputable online vendors.
    I use a psk 100H that runs circles around the RO1000H I used to have. And not only that Louie is a friend of mine.

7. alpha_03

dahenley,

On the contrary, your trolling, and yes we all know that, but just to entertain you.

First the PSK-300 is rated from 200 to 300 gallons. With my sump I fit right in there.

Secondly, they want me to pay shipping all around, and they have no UPS, nor Fed Ex. Nor can they take credit cards.
    Fisrt, it's the BBB, not a British Broadcasting Company. And On the contrary, I have already filed a complaint.

I have all the emails from this company since way back in november of last year- I have recieved nothing from them- nothing!

I was advised by Kent of eshopps to go with this skimmer (also in the emails) you see I contacted this company BEFORE I made a purchase, and did so based upon this fourms users advice, now with regret. Search arround, you will find eshopps has a lot of complaints in the last 6/12 mos. or so- mostly with regard for their pumps- which was my original complaint from another area of this very fourm. Eshopps even openly admitts to pump problems- what part of this complaint do you not get?

A warranty is a warranty- and it should be honored, w/o a bunch of BS.

8. Click Here!

9. alpha_03

reefmonkey- you too are trolling, we all know that as well.

easy to hide behind the web, and give customers no phone contact number- now I have one. we all see how that went. i was extremely patient and very nice.

why have you not asked the important question- show the emails?

would you like me to post them?

and btw- my pumps havent worked since I bought the damn thing- read the all the postings.

sheesh.

10. alpha_03

Or maybe your PSK-300 was defective just like mine is and you didnt have the sense to know it? Over skim due to skimmer size? that is not possible- think what a skimmer does- then read what you posted.

11. dahenley

dahenley Plankton

good catch on the miss type (BBB)
    and if you filed a claim, then why keep going on. let them deal with it.

you never mentioned why you would need busings?
    i have never seen a pump or skimmer pump ever wear them out. (except a H&S with a Eheim pump & SS washers)

Oh, and as mentioned on other threads, 99% of people never tell about how good something is, only how bad things are. so out of those lots of complaints in the last 6-12 months, what percentage of skimmers sold have good pumps and no complaints.

I hope the best of luck to you.....

12. alpha_03

No bias here. :(

I could careless for respect, that isn't an issue here- the issue is a defective skimmer, and the company that made said skimmer. However, respect is a two way street- treat people right and do as you say you will do as a company and you gain respect.

I was very polite and very patient, to no avail.