PSK 100H skimmer help

Discussion in 'Eshopps Inc.' started by reefmonkey, Jul 2, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. reefmonkey

reefmonkey Giant Squid

I picked up a customer return psk 100h for a very very good price imo. Supposedly the pump was bad and it leaks. All of the o rings look good and the pump gave response when I plugged it in for a second. So I'm hoping that it moves water. I'm also assuming all of the pieces are there. I didn't get to look at it very long. UPS was late and I had to go.

Anyway I'm going to set it up tomorrow and give it a test. I'm hoping if anyone can tell me how to prime and adjust water level.

Added 7/3:
    I set it up and found one small leak that I fixed by cleaning to O ring and the groove it sits in. Got it primed and running hanging on a bucket. The pump is LOUD. Figured out how to adjust the water level, that was very simple. I'll be contacting Eshopps for a quote on a pump and it'll be good to go. For $31 + whatever the pump runs I can't complain.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2010
  2. Click Here!

3. chaostactics

chaostactics Astrea Snail

leaky o rings should be replaced but in a pinch silicone lubricant will help seal a o ring if the issue isn't that bad, it is also a good idea to add silicone lubricant to o rings when replacing them, or servicing your pumps.

4. reefmonkey

reefmonkey Giant Squid

LOL they were just dirty or incorrectly installed. Took them out and cleaned them and the seat grooves....no leaks! A brand new skimmer for $19 + shipping! ;D

5. reefmonkey

reefmonkey Giant Squid

Hey Louie! No need for instructions or a new pump so just disregard all of the above asking for help. The design is true to Eshopps and was fairly simple to figure out. I took the pump apart and gave it a good cleaning, including the impeller. It's quiet as a church mouse now and producing whole bunch of gunk grabbin micro bubbles! I know when it breaks in it is going to blow my reefocto 100h out the stand! Now I'm in the market for a PSK-75 for my mantis tank. ;)

6. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

Glad it is working, enjoy cleaning the nasty gunk being removed.;)

1 person likes this.