Pseudocorynactis

Discussion in 'NPS Corals' started by Blooper, Oct 11, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Blooper

Blooper Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

I saw one attached to a piece of live rock at a LFS, the rock was being sold as a polyp rock. I wish I had the space for the rock in my aquarium. The LFS owner had no idea what the little anemone looking thing was, I told him in hopes whoever bought the rock wouldn't just kill it.

Anyone have any of these guys?

2. Click Here!

3. Mr. Bill

Mr. Bill Native Floridian

I had 1 that came in on a piece of live rock. It was kinda pretty-- til it killed my blue regal tang. $60 fish vs hitch hiker, hitch hiker had to go.

4. Blooper

Did it eat it? Orange ball corallimorphs are really cool...if you're looking for one and know what it is/what it's capable of. But, I suppose that can be said of anything.

As far as NPS corals go, they are one of my faves.

5. jspicer16

jspicer16 Bristle Worm

I got a big chunk of live rock that has some on it. There's at least four or five on there. They haven't grown or anything and are two small to hurt anything in my tank. They look really pretty, any tips on how/if to make them grow?

6. Mr. Bill

Mr. Bill Native Floridian

No, it was way too small to eat the tang; it's tentacle spread was smaller than a dime. It just held onto the fish until it was dead.

7. Blooper

They are non-photosynthitic Mushroom coral, I treated water quality the same as I would in any reef tank, gave them low flow, and fed them small meals daily.

That's just personal experience, I'm no expert on orange ball corallimorphs. There could easily be a multitude of species with greatly varying maximum sizes.

8. Click Here!

9. Blooper

I also kept them out of direct lighting

10. Ron P

Ron P Astrea Snail

I have a few White ball corallimorphs in my 25g tank. It's hard to tell but I think I have 5 growing on two separate rocks. The tanks been up for a year with them in there and I haven't had any problems. I don't feed them specifically but they seem to do ok anyway. I have noticed that they can move. I watched one move from one side of the rock to the other and it took it about 3 days.

As far as I can tell these guys are all pretty small. The turbo snail and the couple of hermit crabs climb all over these guys often as if they aren't even there.