Protein skimmer when cycling the Tank?

Discussion in 'New To The Hobby' started by DC5, Jan 5, 2004.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. DC5

DC5 Astrea Snail

[quote author=Gresham link=board=Newbie;num=1073360974;start=15#15 date=01/08/04 at 14:52:30]What store(s) in Philly are you going to?[/quote]

I actually live outside of the city about 20 minutes drive, but since I'm close to it so I'll just usually say Philly cuz everyone would know where it is...

Anyway, I first started off wondering around in my Local PETCO/PET's Mart store and found that I am usually approach by some HS kids that works part time there and have zero to none knowledge about Reef Aquarium. I've seen these kids trying to chase a green chromis damsel for more than 10 minutes in the tank for a customer. So I don't that is a good place to go...

On my search of a good LFS, I found one around my house that is about a 15 minutes drive. I stopped by a couple times and the store owner is very helpful. They are very honest and give good advise as far as telling me when new fishes will come in and would let me watch them feed.

Also just an update of my tank, the readings are more stable now (like you guys said, the mixed reading was due to the LR), it is nice and quiet (no fish, no invert, no coral), and am letting the tank mature. There are a good proportion of Brown algae growing, and my protein skimmer is picking up gunks, which I am opt to clean it every other day because I'm a clean freak... (I have nothing else to do anyway)

I am also thinking of what else I could do to make the H2O quality better and am planning to add either a waver maker or some power heads to help with the water circulation, you guys have any insight on these matter? TIA

2. Click Here!

3. Craig Manoukian

Craig Manoukian Giant Squid

Are you in Bala Cynwood?  Have you put your pushpin in the Member Map?

4. Land_Fish

Land_Fish Guest

Mr. Craig you used the wrong tag close...... should be ] not }

See ya fixed it... Good man

5. Craig Manoukian

Thanks Mr. Dave! Will call you this morning!

6. Land_Fish

Land_Fish Guest

Didn't receive a call Mr. Graig.

7. DC5

DC5 Astrea Snail

[quote author=Craig_Manoukian link=board=Newbie;num=1073360974;start=15#21 date=01/15/04 at 21:46:16]Are you in Bala Cynwood?  Have you put your pushpin in the Member Map?[/quote]

Close but no cigar, I live in Broomall [smiley=drive.gif]

May be it's time to update my profile, and thanks for letting me know about the member map, didn't know it exist, heh [smiley=goofy.gif]

8. Click Here!

9. Craig Manoukian

No problem, man! Post away!