Progress on the 300 gal reef.

Discussion in 'Show Off Your Fish Tanks!' started by Blade_Runner, Dec 27, 2005.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

COOL. 8)

I've got skimmer envy. That is huge.
    And how a skimmer should be, a white tube from the bubbles.
    What are your plans for your divided tank?

2. Click Here!

3. Blade_Runner

Blade_Runner Gigas Clam

Hi Boys:

From memory 96l,30w,36h? I'm too lazy to pull out the calculator to check if that is right.

For fish, not too many more. A pair of Clark's Clowns, a Hepa Tang that is way too big for the 72, and a Blond Naso that is in there too. Some sort of sand stirring Gobi. I have not thought past that. Lots of shrimp. No blue legs hermits or anything along those lines. I think hermits are a waste. Maybe an Emerald or 2.

Aahh, the corals. That is a good question. Remember, this is my 2nd reef. While I have had Marine tanks on and off since the early 80s, I've just been doing reef since this spring. While I want to work into stony corals, I’m going to take it slow. Currently I like Zoanthids, I may try doing some E-bay frag packs with various colors. I have a Colt in my 210 that I’ll frag and some leather that is growing all over the place. I’ve got to get some pulsing Xenia, I just think they are way cool and then I want to work into Agro. Finally, I want tube worms, clams and scallops. I’ll wing it after that, but it already sounds like a mouthful. :eek:

4. fletch

fletch Kole Tang

Hi Blade_Runner Very nice tank, I am working on getting my 150 set up, A 300 has to be quite a job!! If you still want some Pulsing Xenia I have some rare Smithsonian supper pulsar Xenia, If you want it I will be glad to send you a frag, Just pay for shipping and it's yours! Just IM me and we can set it up. Here is a picture of some of it............. John

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  5. Blade_Runner

Blade_Runner Gigas Clam

Oh man, that is so nice of you to offer. Way above the call! :clapping: I just may take you up on that, but only after I'm sure I have a stable tank.

And yes, the 300 is currently a lot of work.

Thanks,

Bruce

6. fletch

fletch Kole Tang

Just let me know8)

7. Covey

Covey Scooter Blennie

Hey Blade I might have to stop by and see the tank in person I think I might be in town for IMAC in march.

8. Click Here!

9. Blade_Runner

Blade_Runner Gigas Clam

Sure, just call first. By March, it hopefully will be nice and stable. Warning, I'm wayyy NW burb.

10. Covey

Covey Scooter Blennie

I am kinda scouting out the Chicago area anyway.

11. Blade_Runner

Blade_Runner Gigas Clam

OK, lets see if I can add pictures on my first try. ;D

Here is my new water making station. I finished building it on Monday. It's a Rubbermaid 100 gal stock tank from Meynards for $62. Of course, I went downstairs this morning before work and found a slow drip coming out of the bulkhead and will have to drain and tighten up rubbermaids cheapo fittings. :mad:

[​IMG]

And the recommended Meynards float valve for $12. Since this is on the freshwater side for $12 I figured I'd try it.

[​IMG]

I think this should work... Here goes.

12. Blade_Runner

Blade_Runner Gigas Clam