product review - Preis easy glue

Discussion in 'Frags' started by steve wright, May 12, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. inwall75

inwall75 Giant Squid

The German's get all of the good stuff first. LOL

I'll have to ask around to see if there are any US distributors yet.

2. Click Here!

3. blackraven1425

blackraven1425 Giant Squid

I asked Preis, and there's no US distributor for their products. They offered to ship, but when I asked for information on that, I got no response. Was Friday a German holiday by any chance?

4. inwall75

inwall75 Giant Squid

Funny. I just got done doing the same.

5. steve wright

steve wright Super Moderator

seems its not as easy as I would have hoped agv180

Thanks Matt, I read the packaging and figured "that cant be right"
    so I made enough for 3 frags and only got 2 finished.

Thanks Curtis- hopefully one of the major retailers will pick up on this product and thus make it easier to get hold of over there

No idea about the holiday situation , blackraven, hope you get something worked out with them though, its an ideal product for anyone who routinely frags corals

LOL

6. inwall75

inwall75 Giant Squid

When they respond to me, I'm going to see if they have any interest in setting up a distribution channel. I know several different people who know how to handle the internationa import/export side of this business.

7. inwall75

inwall75 Giant Squid

There's a little update to this thread.

They do have a US Distributor now. Unfortunately, they are out of stock at the moment. (I know because there was one Easy Glue available and I bought it. Hee Hee). elite AQUARISTIK | the european REEF technologies

It's kind of hard to use their website. Most of it is now converted over to English but not all of it. They do have a "contact us" link. If you are interested in this, I would contact them so they know there is demand. Get in Touch | elite AQUARISTIK

8. Click Here!

9. schackmel

schackmel Giant Squid

question Steve............we just got this product! The problem I had is I found it did not take 2 minutes to harden up, instead more like 2 seconds. I went to apply the sea fan to a rock (as there is only a little base) and before I picked up the sea fan to attach, it was as hard as a rock! Now maybe it might have hardened faster under water, but I had to make a new batch and apply it again. Did you apply any frags under water, or do you think i mixed it too long. Used to using other epoxy where you have to blend for a while!

10. steve wright

steve wright Super Moderator

Hi schackmel

I am now on my 3rd or 4th batch of this product, and would agree that 2 minutes in coral fragging time seems like 30 seconds
    I mix mine in air and with the corals I frag
    I bring the coral or frag out of the tank
    I use a paper towel to remove excess moisture from the plug or the rock rubble and also dab dry the base of the coral
    once I have done this, I start mixing the 2 parts of putty together

and these days I make enough for just 1 coral or 1 frag and when I finish that one, I start again with next one.

underwater it does go off much faster than in air , which for the delicate species your handling, is required

when I 1st used it I made enough for 3 coral frags and only got to set one
    the balance of the putty had turned to rubber and was not useable

the good news is that due to the fast setting time
    I have not as yet had a single frag fall from the rockwork or knocked down by snails etc , which happened regulary with new frags and standard 2 part putty

Steve

11. psiclone

psiclone Purple Spiny Lobster

For some reason when I looked at the pictures on this thread I instantly thought of mission impossible I where Tom cruise sticks the sides of the gum together and blows up the fish tank...

12. schackmel

schackmel Giant Squid

thanks! Yeah I made enough also for a couple frags and was a hard ball! I have got to learn that less is more with this!