Problem with mixing salt

Discussion in 'Water Chemistry' started by YellowBelly, Dec 12, 2007.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. YellowBelly

YellowBelly Teardrop Maxima Clam

I currently have a 5-gallon salt bucket that I use for my top off water. I fill it up with RO water from a 30-gallon trash can that is my reservoir. I have a little Fiji Gold in the bucket that is mixed in with the R0 water. Once the bucket is clear, I can use it for top off. I have a separate 5-gallon bucket that I have just calcium hydroxide and RO water. I use this on some nights and dose about a quart into the overflow.

2. Click Here!

3. reef_guru

reef_guru Humpback Whale

well thats different, i just top off with an aatoc ro/di system and doctor the tank itself when needed.
    Reef-Relief :: Automated Aquatic Top Off Controller
    first the ro/di system then the reef-relief, can also be used with kalwasser.
    would you have a problem just adding regular ro/di water to the tank when needed and doctoring the tank when needed.

4. YellowBelly

YellowBelly Teardrop Maxima Clam

I don't have a problem with that. Do you know much about Walt Smith's Fiji Gold? Does it really add the supplements it says it does? (Raise pH, Alk. increase Calcium and Magnesium, etc.)

5. reef_guru

reef_guru Humpback Whale

no idea about that stuff, maybe pm tangster. instant ocean i have found to be the best saltmix with use over time. and i dont doctor the mix for a water change.