Problem with ich and no eating

Discussion in 'Diseases' started by jaar, Jan 6, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. xeddyboi420x

xeddyboi420x Bristle Worm

do you have a picture? i'm afraid my 2 clowns may have this ich

2. Click Here!

3. jaar

jaar Astrea Snail

im testing the water with the API saltwater kit

4. RemickJ

RemickJ Teardrop Maxima Clam

Are you putting any Romaine in for the tangs on a vegie clip. If it were me I would put the romaine in and soak pellets and frozen cubes in Garlic and Zoe. I would also add Vitamin C in to the tank. (be careful not to over dose vitamin C)

5. mastamind360

mastamind360 Astrea Snail

ive never been able to keep a blue tang alive (powder or hippo) its not yer fault. they are ich magnets. if i were u i would use kick ich and rally reaf. its reaf safe so u can use it in your main display. also raise the temp to 80-82 and drop the salenity to 16 over the next few days. ich cannot survive that low and the temp is not ideal for them. however, make sure your tank has a good level of flow as raising the temp will lower the oxygen levels. im fighting a bout of ich myself on my latest attempt at a powder blue. i did these things, and the fish is doing much much better ... good luck and dont feel too bad if u lose it. tangs are a total pain. esp blues...