Prism Skimmer

Discussion in 'Product Review Archives' started by Matt Rogers, Feb 2, 2002.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. karlas

karlas Fire Goby

we are using the pwr compacts but planning on adding more lighting just havent decided what kind yet. hopefully the prism will help. we never tested for silicates but do test for phosphates and they test 0 also i have the fs do a water test when ever i go just for a back up and they have tested 0 for phosphates also. so maby it is the nutrient problem. all of the other alges have dissapeared except the cyano (YUCKKK)

2. Click Here!

3. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Yuk is right! Let me know when you get the skimmer!

:)

4. Apophis924

Apophis924 Astrea Snail

I have been using the Prizm skimmer for about a month and i like it. Very quite and it is very effective. be sure the motor has the 18 blade impeller. I do wish it had a drain on the collection cup . If you do not adjust it right it will fill up quickly.But it is not really a problem since it is very easy to empty. At any rate When i get a larger tank i plan on using the prizm pro delux based on the fact that i have had such good results with this one. I like the surface skimmer attachment. Just make sure you turn the skimmer off during water changres or the level will go below the surfaqce skimmer and yu will have to re-prime it.

5. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

good info apophis.
    i would like to hear about the delux too...