Prayers and Well-Wishes Needed for Geekdafied

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by inwall75, Aug 22, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. geekdafied

geekdafied 3reef Sponsor

Thanks everybody! I really appreciate all the prayers and well wishes from everybody. This just goes to show the kind of place 3reef.com really is. Thats why I call this site home. Everybody on here knows I would do anything for anybody. This is a major set back on some plans I have in the works, but everything will work out in the end.

As for my burns... I have 2nd degree burns on both hands, right wrist and forearm and also on my stomach and chest, the temp is estimated to being around 230-240 degrees that burned me. It looks like I have some dead tissue on my right thumb, its pretty dark and kind hard to the touch, I really hope I dont lose any tissue. The burn cream that gave me is Silver Sulfadiazine, it really wipes me out. Im having most of the side effects that is listed for it, so Im sure the doctor will have me stop using it when I go in to see him tomorrow. The good news is it doesnt hurt nowhere near as bad as it did the day it happened. Its more like a really bad sunburn right now with blisters and a lot of purple/red tissue and skin especially inbetween my fingers. I am sure to bend my fingers and thumbs through out the day so I know there is good bllod flow to them. Thats the only thing I am worried about. Im just lucky nothing worse happened.

but yeah.... All is well, and thanks again everybody!!!

1 person likes this.
  2. Click Here!

3. lunatik_69

lunatik_69 Giant Squid

Glad to hear that you have a positive attitude. Hope you recover soon and like I said earlier, if I can help you with anything, let me know. Luna

4. geekdafied

geekdafied 3reef Sponsor

I appreciate the offers, but I think we got it under control here. Sarah knows a lot about reef tanks and maintaining them just from being around me and the times Ive gone out of town. Not to mention Im still here, I just cant stick my hands in the water or do anything that requires my hands, haha!

1 person likes this.
  5. {Nano}Reefer

{Nano}Reefer Dragon Wrasse

wow, you seem to be making a pretty good recovery :) good to here Geek, hope you can get well soon!

6. Reeron

Reeron Blue Ringed Angel

I'm sorry to hear about your mishap, but it's good to see you are starting to recover. I wish you a speedy and complete recovery.

Now that you're not around as much, maybe I can manage to squish that damn bug...... :p

1 person likes this.
  7. Phayes

Phayes Aiptasia Anemone

Get well soon Geekdafied!
    Now if hot rad fluid can do that to your hands, just imagine what it would do to those nasty batches of aiptasia we all face from time to time? :p

8. Click Here!

9. shipbear

shipbear Bubble Tip Anemone

Gett well soon !
    ShipBear

1 person likes this.
  10. sssnake

sssnake Montipora Digitata

Welcome back to the family Geek.

Wishing you a full and speedy recovery. :)

1 person likes this.
  11. 1st time

1st time Purple Spiny Lobster

Happy to hear you are feeling a little better---

12. jimw369

jimw369 Fire Shrimp

I see I missed your call last night. I will call tonight!

Oh... and I will be sure and get Calfos autograph and Picture for you at MACNA!

1 person likes this.