Powerman's coral growth thread. (pic intense)

Discussion in 'Coral' started by Powerman, Jan 10, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Siddique

Siddique Dragon Wrasse

Awesome growth. Maybe I should start keeping a progress report like this. so far, the only thing I notice growing is my moon coral;D

2. Click Here!

3. Powerman

Powerman Giant Squid

With BRS, you only dose 20 oz of Mg when ever the gallon jugs are gone. I've pretty much stuck to that, but depending on water changes, I might add another 20 oz. I want a solid 1300, so 1250 or 1350 is not that big of a deal to me.

4. Powerman

Powerman Giant Squid

Please do. I would love to see more progress threads.

5. tatted4ever

tatted4ever Clown Trigger

surpised on the answer a bit.... you dont do regular test and dosing to see what your tank is doing to that mg number?

6. Powerman

Powerman Giant Squid

Ya, water changes are about the only thing that will change it. As far as Alk/Ca/Mg are concerned, they are only taken up in proper proportions. Once the numbers are where they need to be, you are only replacing consumption. So 20 oz of Mg to 1 gal of Alk and 1 gal of Ca is the formula.

MG does not change that much, I might test once a month. That 20 oz is only about 50 ppm. So if I'm at 1250, all it needs to get to 1300 is 20 oz. I keep a much closer eye on alk and Ca. Once a week.

7. Powerman

Powerman Giant Squid

So time for another set of shots. First of April... another 3 months down.

First I want to show another shot. This gives an idea of the LPS on my left side. The Green Brain just seems like a brain, but it is growing Here is a shot when I got it and moved it. This was in June or July of 09.

[​IMG]

Notice the Green Brain and the Frog Spawn and Lt. Blue Candy Canes. Here is a shot today.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 8, 2010
  8. Click Here!

9. Powerman

Powerman Giant Squid

I'm a little confused how to update this thread. If I just repost all the time that takes up band width. I decided to just edit and add on to the pics above and keep them going. So there are updates above to some and the FTS I will keep doing at the beginning of the thread.

1 person likes this.
  10. bje

bje Long-fin Bannerfish

amazing growth!

11. Powerman

Powerman Giant Squid

Thanks. Overall, I'm a rookie in this hobby, so I really don't have much experience to draw from. Just figured I would throw up some shots to help others, but I really can't say what is great at this point.

1 person likes this.
  12. reefmonkey

reefmonkey Giant Squid

Looks great to me! You are definately doing it right..the corals prove that. I'm very impressed! I really like how the monti caps have began to shelve so quickly. I have a green one that is growing well and I hope it does the same. Grats to you and your very impressive build! I look forward to watching it grow so keep the pics coming every 3 months!