Power Station/ATO/ATS Cabinet

Discussion in 'I made this!' started by insanespain, Oct 13, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. SPINNER

SPINNER Fire Shrimp

Really Nice

That will be a nice addition to your system! How about some casters to move it around if needed. I have built systems with slide out filter area comes in handy:)

Nice One!!

2. Click Here!

3. insanespain

insanespain Ocellaris Clown

Funny you mention that. I was actually debating on the casters the other day but ended up just going with adjustable feet for leveling it. It wont be hard to pull it out from the wall though.

4. leighton1245

leighton1245 Horrid Stonefish

Very nice looking glad you posted about the DJ switch thingy i need one also lol

5. SPINNER

SPINNER Fire Shrimp

Dj

Old guy here are you using the DJ box to switch off pumps, lights, ect...
    I like your little scrubber is that all you using on your tank? Or along with something else? Are you skimming? :eek:

6. insanespain

Yeah, I use the dj switch for my return pump, heater, power heads, etc.

Here is the link to the scrubber build. Tank will be skimmerless with only the scrubber and some carbon.

http://www.3reef.com/forums/i-made/joining-ats-crowd-diy-style-update-pics-123023.html

1 person likes this.
  7. insanespain

Yeah, those things are a life saver!

8. Click Here!

9. 55gfowlr

55gfowlr Zoanthid

That's a good idea. Every day I clean my skimmer out, and instead of dialing down the adjustment knob, I simply unplug it. This move saves me days in resetting the flow in the chamber. But the DJ switch looks so much cleaner and all I have to do is click a button. Thanks for posting : )

The cabinet will look awesome when you paint it black, don't worry.....It looks good already.

10. Reef Queen

Reef Queen Feather Duster

BINGO!!! this is just what i have been looking for...do you mind if i steal your idea? i may make mine long and short as a sort of bench to double as a seat also...but i guess i would loose the advantage of gravity if i did that lol!! Great job!!!

11. insanespain

Go ahead, steal away! That's why I posted it. And you hit the nail on the head with the gravity idea. That's EXACTLY why I made this one taller. The ATS can gravity drain back to the sump, and if I choose to add reactors down the road they can go in this cabinet as well.

12. Reef Queen

Reef Queen Feather Duster

hmmm i have some thinking/planning to do because i have a wall on one side on my tank and a huge window on the other that i dont really want to cover with a stand....what if...now bear with me...what if i build some cabinets to hang on the wall behind the tank....do you think that would work??? maybe make/find some fancy kitchen cabinets then i will have the advantages of gravity, but not having to cover the window! or does this seem like a good idea only to me???