poweder blue tang dying help

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by loneracer05, Feb 17, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. jhawkor

jhawkor Millepora

Hopefully his LFS buys from responsible collectors but this is unfortunately a possibility.

2. Click Here!

3. loneracer05

loneracer05 Clown Trigger

i know i have lost my fair share this is one of my favorite fish and he is a costly 1 to only have for 1 healthy day.

4. jhawkor

jhawkor Millepora

How is it doing? Still the same?

5. Pelado

Pelado Montipora Digitata

Hope it will survive... but very interesting to me, 'cause I was planning on getting one for my 110g . Now I might have to re-think. Since my tank is only 3 months old and I have only added 2 Chromis, a coral banded shrimp and a sandsifter starfish, I still have time to decide..I will be followin this threas but all my very best to you and hopefully he is just acclimating!

6. piezopaul

piezopaul Bristle Worm

Hi Pelado,
    I would definitely wait until the tank matures a little more. Tangs are dependent to some extent on having mature live rock with algae growth to graze on during the day. Not having that for a Powder Blue just adds another stessor to an already delicate fish. They are very cool though.- Paul

7. loneracer05

well he didnt make it he was dead when i got home from work ...time of death 11:15pm ...ill hafta go to that lfs sun afternoon and see if the guy i usually deal with can help me out.

8. Click Here!

9. bama

bama Humpback Whale

sorry to hear

10. Tangster

Tangster 3reef Sponsor

Here is your problem he is suffocating from burned gills like trying to breath a poisonous gas to you or me for him to move this level of NO2 across its gills to get oxygen. Most Tangs need water quality higher then many corals

11. loneracer05

my corals are all still good but i am looking into the problem i also have 60 mangroves in the mail ( not all for this tank ofcoarse) that should help.ill be doing fairly large bi weekly water changes in the meantime to get it down.talked to the lfs guy and hes going to do right on the situation for me. i feel they buy from responsible dealers. i buy most of my fish from them and have had minimal problems with them.

12. Pelado

Pelado Montipora Digitata

Really sorry to hear about the loss and good luck with your lfs !