Possibly in the market for RO/DI but...

Discussion in 'Filters, Pumps, etc..' started by mario8402, Apr 19, 2007.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. GatorDrew

GatorDrew Astrea Snail

2. Click Here!

3. mario8402

mario8402 Fire Shrimp

doesnt look too bad!
    I need to find something stat, I have already spent 20 bux just in water alone and I had to carry it to my apt :(
    no, i didnt do a massive water change
    10 gal for a quarantine
    5 gal weekly and 3 gal that I had to pull out of my main tank to fill a bucket with LR

4. GatorDrew

GatorDrew Astrea Snail

I'm looking to. I've been using tap and want to use RO. Only thing I'm not looking forward to is lugging the water up three flights of stairs. The tank was hard enough, LOL!

I'm thinking I'll set that up beneath my sink. I'm going to try and make some nice way of drilling through the wall that divides the sink and tank and then run a water line to an auto top off. I just want to make sure I'm using the right pieces. When it's time to head out of my apartment, I'll just putty up the hole.

I'm working on a sump and want to just install an auto top off now rather than later... even if I don't utilize it right now.

5. GatorDrew

GatorDrew Astrea Snail

6. mario8402

mario8402 Fire Shrimp

So I am still beating around the bush at getting one of these and I had a couple of weird questions..
    what does RO/DI water taste like?.. (dont say nothing, because some water has different "flavors" lol)
    can an RO system be hooked up to a refrigerator to supply the water for the ice maker and water dispenser etc??

7. shorty590

shorty590 Astrea Snail

I read somewhere that RO/DI water is not good for you to drink because everything is stripped from the water...including the vitamins and minerals. Could have been a paid expert saying that but could be true too

8. Click Here!

9. OGW

OGW Astrea Snail

Thats the one I'm going with!
    Thanks Glampka...Karma Up :first:

10. the_h2o_guru

the_h2o_guru 3reef Sponsor

The Compact Reefkeeper's pre-filters will last longer and will be able to filter out more. Not to mention that it comes with a TDS meter which will help you keep track of how well the unit's doing. The Compact Reefkeeper is taller than the Mighty Mite.

11. mario8402

mario8402 Fire Shrimp

12. mario8402

mario8402 Fire Shrimp