Resolved Poor poor fellow! petco rescue!

Discussion in 'ID This!' started by reefnJeff, May 16, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. reefnJeff

reefnJeff Pajama Cardinal

Yeap! it works, looks silly as hell, but it did work, I just got this pump in the mail today, Fill the little bait box with ice at night, turn on the pump and it will pump cooler water all night I am sure, at least for as long as the ice last in there.

Attached Files:

2. Click Here!

3. jesmontb

jesmontb Flamingo Tongue

do you have any plans for how you made the DIY chiller? im interested in making one as well

4. lillys Grandad

lillys Grandad Horrid Stonefish

5. Camkha1234

Camkha1234 Great Blue Whale

That's a really good idea!

6. reefnJeff

Thanks, I had a difference of 16 degrees between the water going in and the water going out, the ice does not last as long as I had hoped, so for now it will do, my temp didn't go above 80 in the tank last night which it has not done for the past 2 1/2 weeks. maybe a larger cooler with more ice :/

7. reefnJeff

Yes! I have been brain storming trying to figure something better for a diy chiller, I do live in Minnesota so it is very temporary.

8. Click Here!

9. homyg30

homyg30 Feather Duster

I've seen people use those styrofoam coolers and buy some coper tubing of little diameter and roll it um like a yo yo would be. Rand the pump with some silicone tubing to the coper then to more silicone tubing. They put alittle water in on the copper then took some like ziplock plastic ware and make a solid block of ice with it and put that whole thing in there. Closed it up and stuff. Then bought a temp controller to keep at the temp they want. Looked hard but not that bad.

10. reefnJeff

As I had figured, the patches marked X are gone, now all thats left is the 3 patches circled. They still look healthy, if the weather finally cools and I keep working to keep the temp down until it does, they just might make it and whats left is enough to re-populate that rock, its going to be much tougher now, I am getting called back to work, LAY-OFF is over :D So I can't tend to the tank all day like I have, God help them ;)

11. mdbannister

mdbannister Flamingo Tongue

I like it. I was thinking xenia at first too, but now it looks more like clove.