Resolved Poor poor fellow! petco rescue!

Discussion in 'ID This!' started by reefnJeff, May 16, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. lillys Grandad

lillys Grandad Horrid Stonefish

That is really nice..you have done a great job on the recovery...it certainly has become blue. :)

2. Click Here!

3. scadsobees

scadsobees Fire Shrimp

Nice find, but be sure to keep it away from your rocks or you will soon re-classify it as a weed!!!;D

I have it covering one wall of glass. I like it there, but I fear for the day it gets a hold on my rocks.::)

4. reefnJeff

reefnJeff Pajama Cardinal

ohh yea! I already learned my lesson with my Yellow Polyp Coral, their now on a large rock that I don't want them on, 1 managed somehow to get on there and now there is 4, thinking about going against what I believe in and destroy those 4 before they cover the rock.

5. reefnJeff

Its been tough watching this Coral melt away to almost nothing and not being able to do a thing about it, more so after watching it recover so nicely, I really liked that Coral, in yellow is the only healthy looking colonies left, the red will be gone and melted real soon I am sure. :cry:

Attached Files:

6. Camkha1234

Camkha1234 Great Blue Whale

What happened? They looked like they were thriving in the other pics :confused:

7. reefnJeff

I really don't know Camkha1234, Corailline told me sometimes they just melt for some unknown reason, but I do suspect it was due to unstable water temps, this started around the same time the heat wave started and temps in my tank got as hight as 86, this Coral I read likes slightly cooler temps like around 76 to 72, I have had such a hard time keeping my temps below 80.

8. Click Here!

9. Camkha1234

Sorry to hear that :( maybe you could add a chiller.

10. cosmo

cosmo Giant Squid

Mind did the same, flourished for months then just faded away while my other Xenia thrived! No reason as far as I could tell!

11. reefnJeff

Yes! I won't be long before the snow bug flies here, one less worry! I did make a diy chiller today, I tested it and I dropped the water by 16 degrees, from the water going in and water coming out, so that will help at night when I am sleeping and I can't put ice in there :D

12. Camkha1234

Perfect! As long as it works ;)