Resolved Poor poor fellow! petco rescue!

Discussion in 'ID This!' started by reefnJeff, May 16, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. reefnJeff

reefnJeff Pajama Cardinal

Day 4, the Polyps have gotten larger, still not really opening up, but this may be something Xenias do, color so slowly coming back, rock still looks good too ;)

Attached Files:

2. Click Here!

3. RedGambit

RedGambit Giant Squid

4. lillys Grandad

lillys Grandad Horrid Stonefish

looks like the picture of waving hand.
    whatever it may be...I think that rock is awesome!!
    ...and its recovering...good work.

5. reefnJeff

If it is Blue Waving Hands that would be cool, it just so happens the last order i made when I got my Yellow Fiji Leather I had ordered a Blue Waving Hands for $59.99 and what I got was a brown, smelly, bag of water with a rock full of dead goo, the site says there difficult to maintain.

6. Nvizn

Nvizn Montipora Digitata

It's Anthelia! One of those weeds of the ocean. I have plenty that I'd give you for free in my 92. It simply grows out of control.

7. reefnJeff

I don’t know if I would go as far as referring it is a weed, my definition of a weed is an unwanted nuisance that makes our beautiful gardens unsightly, once his color returns it will be one of the more beautiful in my garden, it’s a successful animal that adopts well in our tanks environments, I am certain none of us would complain if all our Corals was as successful and adopted as well.

Last edited: May 21, 2012
  8. Click Here!

9. reefnJeff

Today I went back to Petco and I was looking at a rock that had some dying botton polyps on it, there was also something else on that rock and it wasen't button polyps I am sure of that, so 2 different animals on it and guess what they were doing while I was there? scrubbing everything down, siphoning out of the substrate and getting the tanks all clean and pretty for there new arrivals that get there every Tuesday, you think someone there would figure out why it is none of their animals are healthy, hope their happy with their pretty and clean tanks with very unhealthy water as they start netting out dead fish the next day.

10. tcmemphisbbq

tcmemphisbbq Spaghetti Worm

Our Petco here is terrible about stuff, no one there has a clue about it at all - saw a brown powder tang the other day that was covered in ick, and a yellow tang you could tell was thin... the only way to stop them from continuing to do this kind of stuff is cut off demand by not buying corals from them... I live in a kind of smallish town and I know there are not enough real reefers to keep them going through inventory, so my guess is they are losing alot of stock or are selling to people who like the way the fish looks but knows nothing about its care... sad either way...

11. reefnJeff

Sad thing they are the only place within 70 miles to buy Coral or salt water anything, I go there every Tuesday to see whats new, I missed a very nice pink and blue bubble Coral by minutes last week.
    As far as the Blue whatever, I think their good to go now.

Attached Files:

12. reefnJeff

I say all is good, I love the blue, great buy, after I told the manager what came of the Coral, she won't sell me more at discounted rates, hahaha!

Attached Files: