Resolved Poor poor fellow! petco rescue!

Discussion in 'ID This!' started by reefnJeff, May 16, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. reefnJeff

reefnJeff Pajama Cardinal

man that is so awesome, even when I first seen them at Petco like 3 weeks ago you couldn't even tell they were Blue Glove, that rock was like 80% covered when I seen it, now just those 3 little colonies survive, I sure hope the make it and thrive, I will be one happy camper.

2. Click Here!

3. reefnJeff

Day 2. The polyps have loosened up some and are not closed as tight and are extended out a little more, color is still lacking, I got some brine shrimp cooking and I should have a nice hatch out, I will shut everything down and target feed him today, like to get color back on this beautiful coral.

Attached Files:

4. schackmel

schackmel Giant Squid

i am going back to my original guess of xenia......

5. lillys Grandad

lillys Grandad Horrid Stonefish

I'm with you also...now that they are opening up...it is xenia most certainly...or let's say not clove most certainly...regardless..they are looking better and you should be weeding them from your tank within a year ! : )
    good job !8)

6. twelvebeer

twelvebeer Spaghetti Worm

If it survives it looks like you still got an interesting rock with some Xenia for $15! Not bad!

7. reefnJeff

Thanks! :) Glove would have been much nicer, but i'll take the Xenia since their blue, my favorite color! Can't complain for the price, Petco has a nice size rock full of neon green button polyps going down hill fast, maybe I can get another deal ;)

8. Click Here!

9. lillys Grandad

lillys Grandad Horrid Stonefish

agreed...the rock is very cool..and most likely the best part of the deal. : )
    But xenia is a nice addition...I love the flow and the pulsing while feeding..15.00..you scored....will be fun to watch it grow..they grow fast!
    But in regards to your statement on going back looking for more to rescue cheap...just take care..as mentioned before, sometimes it can cause more damage than its worth...but just use your head and take the reasonable precautions and all should be well...follow your instincts...if it don't feel right...it most likely is not. jmo...8)

10. reefmonkey

reefmonkey Giant Squid

my guess too

11. eelgirl

eelgirl Feather Duster

Those look to be clove polyps. Anthelia and Xenia both do not have mouths and grow by absorbing nutrients from the water column while clove polyps pull food like zoas

12. hank8888

hank8888 Coral Banded Shrimp

+1 I am going with xenia too