Poor lobsters @ Grocery stores :(

Discussion in 'Inverts' started by luvreefs23, May 11, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

I'll try anything once, twice if I like it. When I was in Australia, I ate kangaroo and crocodile. Didn't care much for the roo but the croc was tasty.

2. Click Here!

3. Rawdogz

Rawdogz Torch Coral

:laughy: lol all of your are not right, I have tried frog and for the life of me I cant tell you what it taste like, but I know I will never try it again, croc is good and snake too. But love lobster with better and o'bay

4. Ducksmasher

Ducksmasher Purple Spiny Lobster

lobsters are just large shrimp...

You should see the numbers of fish we kill doing our job (age/dna/population studies) ... its sad but sometimes stuff just has to die.. :(

[​IMG]

5. wareagle35031

wareagle35031 Bubble Tip Anemone

frog leggs are good!!!;D

6. bmshehan

bmshehan Fu Manchu Lion Fish

LOL Tangster you kill me, and yes that song rocks! Everytime I hear it I think about what you just said, if it went back to the basics so many people would starve to death! I love hunting and I kill, butcher, prepare, and cook anything I hunt from deer to frog (legs), wild turkey, squirrel, mushrooms, rabbit, fish, anything! If it came down to "every man for himself" a vegetarian would be the first to go, would waste so much energy and not be able to collect enough rabbit food to keep him alive! All animals are put on the earth for humans to rule over... from the fish in the sea to the animals on the land... I like looking at small fish in my aquarium and I LOVE eating fish from the pond!
    Oh and I've gelded pigs many times before and yes, they might yell for a sec then they go back to the grain and their buddies, I have never thought of it the way Tangster described but it is very true!

7. mattnuckolls

mattnuckolls Plankton

mmmmm lobster.... got any butter?
    they don't scream. no vocal cords. the sound is of air escaping as their moisture insides starts to boil out of their shell. I still like to pretend they're screaming though!
    food is food, pets is pets. big difference between grocery store and LFS!

8. Click Here!

9. ziggy222

ziggy222 Fire Goby

us humans have'nt lived all this time without having a wide variety of diet.i'll eat just about anything.i love lobster and fish,squirrels are just rats with a bushy tail,rabbits pheasant,deer,groundhog.conch,i never thought i'd like something that looked like a snail.i loved eating at the chineze restaurant in cranberry,pa before they were put out of business for steeling cats and dogs.the frog legs tasted odd but not bad.snapping turtle is great,i'll even eat some plants found in the woods around here like wild onions,herbs ans stuff.i want to try snake wild bore and alligator.man needs a wide variety of foods to survive.

10. R34dawn

R34dawn Ocellaris Clown

Peta...LOL that is the biggest joke..(People) (Eating) (Taste) (Animals)...The way Ted Nugent sees it, I hear the talking all the time about the polar bears and the seagulls in the arctic pole, north pole, claiming that is a sanctuary and that shouldn't be disturbed, knowing there is oil there, but they still tearing our back yards the is a sanctuary for deer, bears, birds, like turkey.. you name it! and even people live here but that doesn't stop anyone from strip mining and laying gas lines through out the mountains, all thought, we still paying out our ying yang for oil and oil products. ;P

11. lfckenya

lfckenya Spaghetti Worm

ok, since we're talking about things we've eaten...probably the best meat (and im a carnivore!!!) ive ever eaten would have to be zebra....mmm..mmmm..mmmmmmm smack ur mama GOOD!!!! come down to kenya and ull still get giraffe, antelope, gazelle, buffalo, croc.......
    oh and i came across this the other day...... :
    Lion Meat - Buy Lion Meat - Lion Bone In Rib Eye Steaks - Lion Bone In Loin Chops
    i would NOT...EVER...eat that.....

12. =Jwin=

=Jwin= Tassled File Fish

WWIII anyone? ::)

My mom constantly tells me to not shoot the bunnies in our yard. She things their cute :D I've never killed and ate a land animal before (that's both combined...killed by me, eaten by me.) I've done them seperate, though ;)

However, almost anything in the ocean is fair game. Spear fishing is the bomb. Grunts taste great, but they have the name "grunt" for a reason :D It's an interesting sound to see that thing wriggling on a spear and hollering at you. Some feel remorse at first when spear fishing, but once dinner is served that all goes away completely.

Several "weeds" in your yard are quite edible, as long as you don't use any toxic fertilizer or pesticide.

Dandelion leaves can be put in a salad, turned into tea, and other things.

Clover is edible and can be put in the same stuff as dandelion leaves I guess (never tried an actual recipe with it)

Willow bark contains chemicals used in aspirin, so will tea or broth can help with headaches. Also, just sucking on a fresh piece of willow helps.

Spruce needles can be used to make a tea/broth and supposedly it tastes great (never tried).

I've tried everything I mentioned but the spruce. The weed edible stuffness I learned in a biology class, and we went out onto the school grounds and actually ate the stuff :D

And yes, I am a big fan of all of the different survival shows on TV. Survivorman, Man Vs Wild, the Alaska Experiment, etc. I grew up reading Little House in the Woods, Little House on the Prairie, the My Side of the Mountain series, Hatchet, all that stuff :)

I'd feel fairly comfortable "living in the wild" if I ever had to. My favorite food is still seafood though. I love it to death. I love watching fish, catching fish, spearing fish, and eating fish.

[​IMG]
    That was from a recent Scuba Diving trip in the Bahamas. That's the first mate/dive master with his spearfishing catch.