Poor lobsters @ Grocery stores :(

Discussion in 'Inverts' started by luvreefs23, May 11, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Tangster

Tangster 3reef Sponsor

Its food.. Ever eat a Hamburger ? or a fillet of fish sandwich ? Anyone ever think about how a coral feels being fragged ? After being raised on a Family working Farm as a kid for 17 years I can tell you no animal feels pain as we as Humans do.. Or understand or know or fear death.

I myself have gelded more Male farm animals then a few and all I can say is a Human would never had gotten up and started to graze ! LOL I have seen cows and Horses to step ina Gopher's hole and break a leg and keep eating . Until they where put down The Cows became Hamburger and the horses became dog food. Nothing was ever wasted ..

As for Lobster ? I have eaten them O.K But to sticky for me I never liked the texture As for screaming LOL I guess you have never hunted or heard a Doe ? I fear that if anything ever happened to this country and people had to feed themselves ever again like my Grandparents had to as children learning to hunt farm and butcher their own dinner then this country would either lower the number of Fat people or just starve to death.

As Hank Williams Jr. once said a Country Boy will survive :) Remember It was always not wrapped in plastic on a white Styrofoam tray under color enhancing VHO's at the local market.

1 person likes this.
  2. Click Here!

3. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

Was so :D

4. Otty

Otty Giant Squid

Amen!

Might be a good thing!:p

5. phoenixhieghts

phoenixhieghts Panda Puffer

I like the way you get straight to the point lol ;D

I dunno bout the states, but in england its law that lobsters have to be killed before boiled. This is done by spearing striaght throught the back of the head. So the lobster feels no pain what so ever.

6. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

And spears to the back of the head don't hurt? :D

I wonder why it's the law that this be done? Is it an animal cruelty thing?

7. phoenixhieghts

phoenixhieghts Panda Puffer

Im sure it much less painful then boiling to death - ooo what a horrid why to die

Yep its an animal cruelty thing a quick and painless death, the spear to the back of the head is done by the chef so you can still pick your living lobster to eat at the restraunt!

I've never had lobster - i wonder what it tastes like?

8. Click Here!

9. luvreefs23

luvreefs23 Millepora

Whether theres screaming or not its not humane. I just figured people on here would get it a little more seeing how well all strive to take care or marine life and have an appreciation for it. To some cultures eating a cat or dog is just as ok as us eating cow or pig...what the hell lets eat everything, maybe one day instead of putting grandma or grandpa in the ground and wasting good meat we can throw them in the wok with some rice and vegetables. LOL

10. Otty

Otty Giant Squid

Hey I think they already to that in the jungles. ;)

11. luvreefs23

luvreefs23 Millepora

damn....and i already wasted them in put them in the ground :)

12. Otty

Otty Giant Squid

:yelrotflm