Pom Pom Crab!

Discussion in 'Inverts' started by Bruce, Dec 2, 2005.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. m_lacom99

m_lacom99 Stylophora

Wow great site Jay. Bruce my girlfreind has been wanting a pom pom crab for a while for her 20 gal... How big do they get?

Marc.

2. Click Here!

3. sean_koekemoer

sean_koekemoer Astrea Snail

Hi guys and Gals. About 07 months ago I went to fetch water (Nsw) and somehow I got a Pom Pom Crab with the water collecting. I only saw him about 02 weeks later in the tank and had to do some "night crawling" to be able to see him again as he only came out at night. A couple of weeks later he came out quite often during daytime. Then we never saw him for about 03 months and I thought he died. Big was my surprise when we stripped the tank (I built a new tank and the old one had to go) and got the pom pom crab again. I took some quick snapshots (you do not always get such an oppurtunity) before I put him in his new home. Some pics:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Bruce

Bruce Giant Squid

Thats cool. I am pretty sure the one I had is no longer living...and if it was, my evil sally light foot would make a quick meal out of it. I think it ate my cleaner shrimp while it was molting.

5. Nemo 22

Nemo 22 Coral Banded Shrimp

that is a beautiful crab.i love it.

6. jasno999

jasno999 Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

Do you have any pictures?

7. Froc3

Froc3 Fire Goby

I have a pom pom (boxer) crab. He does not come out very often. Food must be making its way under the rock... Anyways, he is very cool and sometimes is found IN my anemone! Crazy! He's the coolest crab i have, but seldomly seen. At 6 bucks that's a steal imo.. it's 25 at my lfs. :(

8. Click Here!

9. lunatik_69

lunatik_69 Giant Squid

Thats a great looking crab. kudos to you.

10. ingtar_shinowa

ingtar_shinowa Giant Squid

i love mine, hadn't seen him since i put him in a couple weeks age and now it looks like his new home is gonna be right in front!!!! Mine was 7 bucks since my LFS is getting sold he gave me a half off deal