Pom Pom Crab Dance Video

Discussion in 'Inverts' started by Matt Rogers, Dec 19, 2014.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

I found this in my email this morning and had to share. I really don't think I need another fancy invert I don't see often, but you have to love this video. What do you know about Pom Pom crabs?

MarineDepot likes this.
  2. Click Here!

3. Marty

Marty Stylophora

So cute. I love that little guy. This really needs music though. ;) lol

Matt Rogers likes this.
  4. oldfishkeeper

oldfishkeeper Giant Squid

I agree, I turned up the volume thinking there was music for sure! love that little guy! at least from my recollection, I believe they are reef safe - now I want one! inverts are one of my favorite things in this hobby

5. MarineDepot

MarineDepot 3reef Sponsor

I loved my pom pom crab! It was one of my favorite tank critters. It was coy, but when I began to have a flatworm issue and started feeding the tank less often, it would come out into the open more. At one point it lost one of its pom poms, but a month later, it reemerged with two. I'm not sure if it found the one that had gone missing or if the other anemone split, which is what another hobbyist suggested. In any case, when MD moved to our new building, I gave the tank and all its livestock to another employee to take home... hopefully it has lived a long, fruitful life!

Jeff @ MD

Corailline and Matt Rogers like this.
  6. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Interesting thanks for the info Jeff. Just to confirm - It wasn't coming out for the flatworms right? Just coming out because it was hungry?

MarineDepot likes this.
  7. MarineDepot

MarineDepot 3reef Sponsor

I can't say for sure. It was 6 years ago (the video you embedded made me nostalgic), but I do not recall it ever showing interest in the flatworms. But it would come crawling out of the rockwork (often upside down in my "caves"), swinging it's little pom poms around when I'd squirt whatever food concoction I'd mixed to feed the corals.

8. Click Here!

9. DSC reef

DSC reef Giant Squid

Cool video matt. I had a pom pom crab that I got on some live rock some years back. I believe my thread is still on here. I saw him all the time for about 8 months but lost him in the move.

10. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

What a cool hitcher score dsc. I am going to look for one next time I am at the lfs. But my vortechs give me pause. My emerald crab lost both claws to my pumps. I would hate to see a Pom pom flying around!