polyp mortalities

Discussion in 'Soft Corals' started by hottielover14, Jul 9, 2004.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. hottielover14

hottielover14 Torch Coral

but don't blue legs only get like 1 in.

2. Click Here!

3. hottielover14

what are some really good inverts to help clean my sand and tank.

4. hottielover14

does anybody have a sea squirt. Should i get one they seem neat. I was thinking of getting a hawaiian feather duster, the ones that get 7" wide either that or the purple ones. If i got the white sand sifter starfish, would it hurt my clam. Also i saw on this site a electric flame scallop that sends electricy along it's mantle and you can even see it at night. would my brittle star hurt it or if i got the sand sifter would that hurt it.

5. reefman_MC

reefman_MC Aiptasia Anemone

What craig said would work great. Trade them in when they get too large and get a new small batch.

6. JohnO

JohnO Moderator

[quote author=hottielover14 link=board=Coral;num=1089417279;start=30#32 date=07/15/04 at 19:23:16]does anybody have a sea squirt. Should i get one they seem neat. I was thinking of getting a hawaiian feather duster, the ones that get 7" wide either that or the purple ones. If i got the white sand sifter starfish, would it hurt my clam. Also i saw on this site a electric flame scallop that sends electricy along it's mantle and you can even see it at night. would my brittle star hurt it or if i got the sand sifter would that hurt it.[/quote]

HAHAHAHA Sorry, but did you even take a breath when you typed all of that?

Do me a big favour HL14. Ask lots of question, but one at a time would be nice :)

Cheers

John

7. new2salt2

new2salt2 Fire Shrimp

jsut my 2 cents. i started with polyps when i began coral. 3 rocks all dead in days. didnt figure it out and had red legged hermits alos a large one about golfball sized. i didnt think he could climb high, but he did. one night 3 days after i bought some shrooms he was caught "red legged" eating them and took out about 6 froma colony of 10. he was quickly removed and they all grew back. i no longer have hermits, i use snails and find my tank has never been cleaner.

8. Click Here!

9. reefman_MC

reefman_MC Aiptasia Anemone

I completely agree with new2salt2 on no hermits. I am also hermitless except for one blue leg that i'm too lazy to take out.

10. hottielover14

ok so i won't have any hermits.i have 50 nass. snails. does anybody have a sea squirt. Should i get one they seem neat.

11. hottielover14

I was thinking of getting a hawaiian feather duster, the ones that get 7" wide either that or the purple ones.

12. hottielover14

If i got the white sand sifter starfish, would it hurt my clam. Also i saw on this site a electric flame scallop that sends electricy along it's mantle and you can even see it at night. would my brittle star hurt it or if i got the sand sifter would that hurt it.