Please help!!!!

Discussion in 'Diseases' started by rodcpierce, Apr 24, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. rodcpierce

rodcpierce Ritteri Anemone

ok, today changed 25 gallons of water out and replaced my carbon. We will see if this helps matters at all. The other clown, and 3 stripe damsel appear to be fine, along with the diamond goby.

2. Click Here!

3. rodcpierce

well, now my last clown is gone. I cant find him anywhere. He didnt come out to eat, so i assume he is dead now also....

4. Kirklandp

Kirklandp Coral Banded Shrimp

Wow man I am terribly sorry. + 1 on taking to lfs and see what he thinks.

5. rodcpierce

im on my way here in just a minute. We will see what he has to say, maybe my test kits are fubbared, i have no friggin idea.

1 person likes this.
  6. Kirklandp

Kirklandp Coral Banded Shrimp

I dont think it is your kits but maybe something your kits are not picking up. Hope all goes well.

7. Robman

Robman Great White Shark

Damn Rod, That really bites!! I will be watching this post to see what you come up with, and sorry for your losses K+

8. Click Here!

9. rodcpierce

well, my water is fine. Tests just like mine. He thinks its bacterial (this LFS has literally probably 400 55 gallon tanks just lined with fresh water fish, and probably another 100 with salt water fish, so I know he isnt trying to screw me around and try and get me to buy stuff, as he just told me what to use. Didnt even ask if I had any. They are pretty cool like that. Anyhow, he told me to try treating with melafix for 5 days, then do another 25% water change and see what happens. He also thinks my PH is swining too far perhaps and causing them more stress. We will see what happens.

10. rodcpierce

OH, something else, none of my inverts are dieing. Which seems odd to me, you would think if my params or something was off, they would be dropping like flies. Not a single snail has died, nor my cleaner shrimp.

11. rodcpierce

well after more research, i think I may have oonidium. Now to find out how to treat this crap!

12. IHAVEMTS

IHAVEMTS Fire Shrimp

Good luck! Hope everything gets better for you. Your doing all you can. Keep trying and dont give up.