Please help!!!!

Discussion in 'Diseases' started by rodcpierce, Apr 24, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. rodcpierce

rodcpierce Ritteri Anemone

Hey guys, well there is something wrong with my fish and tank. I had a powder brown tang that came down with ich, and ended up dying earlier this week. Right before he died it looked like the skin on his one side was peeling off. Last night I noticed one of my clowns had a white patch all down his one side,and was acting a little different then normal. Woke up this morning to him dead. Please help me with whatever this is!!! I lost one of my paired clowns and my powder brown. I dont want to loose the other clown or my goby. The params are all good. Amm. 0 Nitri. 0 PH. 8.2 Nitra. 20
    Im also treating daily with ick attack from kordon. Its an all natural 100% organic treatment, so it wont harm my corals or inverts. I just started dosing that wed. night

2. Click Here!

3. steve wright

steve wright Super Moderator

Hey Rod, sorry to be reading about your problems/ loses
    it seems like your on top of the situation by using the ICH attack and hopefully this will prevent the parasite from infesting your other fish

are you supplementing food stuffs with garlic as this has been found by many people to help build up fishes immune system. Kent make a product called Garlic guard, thats easy to use/ add to frozen / dried food stuffs (there will be others, thats just the one I use)

hope it goes well for you
    Steve

4. Robman

Robman Great White Shark

Hey Rod--sorry for your losses-I have a PB also and I would really hate to loose him. He had a slight case of ich and I got him over it with adding marine C and garlic to his diet. Sometimes the more you do, the more you stress them--hard to find that balance. Also sometimes it is just a losing battle with some fish no matter what you do. Don't give up.

5. pgoodsell

pgoodsell Horrid Stonefish

Is it just me, but this doesn't sound like ick? Ick is specs not a whole patch, maybe something fungal? Or a secondary infection.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2009
  6. rodcpierce

Your correct. Im not sure if ich is killing them now. it started out as ich. I came home one day the the tang was COVERED in white spots, then they seemed to go away (i assume thi sis when they dropped off and hatched new eggs) and then he got spots again and his skin started to fall off, but only on one side. After he passed, the clown started acting funny and he also may have had some spots, but ALOT smaller then the tangs spots, and he got a white patch, next day dead. I just checked the other fish, and they all seem OK. I am also soaking the food in kent marines garlic extreme.

7. Ishymishy77

Ishymishy77 Peppermint Shrimp

Sounds like they are dying quite fast for it to be ich. Maybe marine velvet. It kills alot faster then ich.

8. Click Here!

9. jeeprider

jeeprider Astrea Snail

I had a problem with ich, also, but they were all spots. I eventually lost my Blue Tang. My 3 Clown fish started to show signs afterwards. I used two products, including using garlic in the food. The only thing that seemed to work is Quikcure. This stuff did kill my snails, but my seastar survived. In addition to using this stuff, the mold was stained blue, but to me it looks cool. Some of my live rock also got stained, but again I like the look. 4 weeks after the treatment, no signs of ich. Hope this helps, in case you run into it again.

10. rodcpierce

well, lost another fish to it today, a damsel. They are dropping like flies. This guy has no white spots on him, but had turned dull in color and his eyes were glazed over. What the hell is going on in my tank?!?!?! I have no QT so I guess we will see who is tough in there, then after they all die ill have to figure out what the hell was killing all of them. Im getting pretty angry here!!!!

11. IHAVEMTS

IHAVEMTS Fire Shrimp

Take a sample of your water to a LFS maybe your test are not reading correctly! They test all the time so there test kits stay good(not that yours arnt but you never know)

12. rodcpierce

the dates on my test kit are all good untill 2010. I just checked the water again tonight and its as follows:
    Temp 82 (halides are on, usually 78-80 when they shut down)
    Ammonia 0
    Nitrites 0
    Nitrates 10
    Ph 8.2
    phosphates 0
    dkh 127.3
    calcium 500