Please help with a suggestion for LED lights for 36" long by 13 high tank

Discussion in 'LED Aquarium Lighting' started by eddie2OOO, May 14, 2013.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Coral Dreams

Coral Dreams Astrea Snail

Last edited: May 16, 2013
  2. Click Here!

3. Vizzle1717

Vizzle1717 Coral Banded Shrimp

4. Coral Dreams

No it's not. This is my tank here currently building 2x = 48Lx30Wx16H both with Kessil lighting. I will be posting my build soon

[​IMG]

5. Vizzle1717

Woah!! That's serious, excellent job

6. Coral Dreams

7. Vizzle1717

Coral Dream, Which is the cheapest Apex unit I could buy to control and dim the Build My LED light? When putting in into your checkout cart it gives the option for an Apex controller cable...

8. Click Here!

9. DrewSk

DrewSk Feather Duster

the only apex that comes with LED dimming capabilities is the full blown, 500 dollar unit. The other option is to get one of the lite or jr, and then add the dimmer unit. The dimmer unit is another 100 dollars though, so its a better deal to get the full blown unit from the start. Plus it will allow you do to a lot of other cool things, like control powerheads, heaters, monitor salinity, etc. You can look into reef keepers too

10. 1.0reef

1.0reef Giant Squid

IMO custom led strips from BML are good, but DIY and Razor are still better lights.

11. eddie2OOO

eddie2OOO Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

Wow, Maxspect Razor (14000K Custom Reef Spectrum - Build My LED, LLC ) looks really nice, (i looked at 36" oppose to 27") The pricing is also very decent ($232 without the dimmer) I think i'll go for it. I'll call the company first to get a bit more info on it, but i think i'll go for it. Thank you! But meanwhile, i am meeting with the guy who is selling his
    AquaticLife Expandable Marine 1W LED Fixture - 54W - 36 in unit for $125 today. Do you advise me against it? Please let me know because i have to give him an answer today. Thank you all, you all have been extremely helpful!

12. Marshall O

Marshall O Giant Squid

While that 54x1W fixture is certainly not the best option out there, for the price I personally don't think it is a bad one! That should support the corals you currently have no problem. You may need to add supplemental lighting or change it completely if you start getting into SPS, but is should be fine in the interim.