Urgent please help i need answers

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by ReefMan17, Sep 4, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. JJL

JJL Purple Tang

What are your params? Then we could go from there.
    What do you mean by saying you restarted your tank? Im a bit confused...? Has it cycled? Also please tell us some specs sbout your tank. Age? Do you have a skimmer? Etc.

2. Click Here!

3. ReefMan17

ReefMan17 Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

there is so many different answer flying at me thats why i dont know what to do thank very much thepanfish

4. thepanfish

thepanfish Flying Squid

I think most of them are questions. Like in all of your other threads WE NEED PARAMETER LEVELS.

5. ricoop

ricoop Skunk Shrimp

More info would be helpful. Was the tank emptied? Any live rock or all dry added? Live sand? Water params will show fine right off the bat, its after you start getting a bioload that you have to worry.

6. DaDaAtlanta

DaDaAtlanta Feather Star

You should do NOTHING. Stop freakin out and have a beer dude. The fish just got put into a new environment and its only been an hour. Just let them be, turn off the light and check on em in the morning. The clown peeking its head out although might have to do with breathing, what kinda flow do you have in there, any skimmer or surface agitation? Your saying all your parameters are fine but you have not provided them.

7. Swisswiss

Swisswiss Caribbean Reef Squid

i have read that clowns who pop their head out of the water are suffering from nitrate poisoning, like has been said before if we could get details of your parameters it could help target the problem. you mention you restarted the tank? if from scratch 4-5 days is far from enough time to end a nitrogen cycle. a 30% water change should lower the bad quality of the water (assuming this is a problem) retest the water and if levels are still above 0 keep doing 20% water changes till parameters reach 0. if nitrogen is indeed the problem i would cut on the feeding for a few days, turn the water pumps so that they splash down water to create oxygen

8. Click Here!

9. Swisswiss

Swisswiss Caribbean Reef Squid

by nitrate poisoning i mean a lack in ability to take in oxygen, though these symptoms take longer than 1h to manifest.

10. Thatgrimguy

Thatgrimguy Flying Squid

This is the 2nd thread I have seen you do exactly this... Give little information and not answer the questions... Everyone's information up to this point is simply opinion

What are your parameters?
    Nitrate
    Nitrite
    Ammonia
    Phosphate
    SG
    Temp

What did you start your tank with?
    Old sandfrom established tank, no sand, dry sand, new "live" sand?
    Old rock from established tank, no rock, dry rock, or "live" rock

Have you added any additives besides salt?

What type of test kit are you using?

without these answers, we don't have enough information to help you. And any information already given without this data was simply a guess.

11. thepanfish

thepanfish Flying Squid

+10000
    To the above

1 person likes this.