plate coral

Discussion in 'LPS Corals' started by flipnap, May 28, 2007.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. flipnap

flipnap Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

oh man, going on day four.. this cant be good.. does anyone know what these guys look like when they die, will they extend tentacles and droop or do they die completely retracted.. ill post a pic tonight.. and yeah all the food was defrosted and warm but man, he ate a LOT.. shoot

2. Click Here!

3. coral reefer

coral reefer Giant Squid

When a plate dies, many times it starts to fade in color/bleach. The tentacles retract and the tissue usually starts to deteriorate.
    Hopefully yours won't suffer the same fate!
    Try moving your plate to a different location. Is your plate located on the substrate? And what kind of water movement do you have flowing to the plate?

4. flipnap

flipnap Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

yeah hes half in and out the sand.. but i noticed my royal gramma has been "relocating" sand and dumping some on the coral, so i dusted it off and ill move it to a higher flow area.. he was getting some minor current, so ill put him in some stronger force and relocate .. ill post a pic asap.. thanks for the help guys, im gettin depressed here