Pipe Organ Coral

Discussion in 'Coral' started by cannedmulder, Aug 5, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. cannedmulder

cannedmulder Teardrop Maxima Clam

So if I don't mind feeding my sun coral I should do ok with a pipe then? My quality seems to be preety stable. Doesn't move much! What are your thoughts, being who you are JP, of me having a pipe vs clove polyps? And do you get clove polyps more then pipes?

2. Click Here!

3. R34dawn

R34dawn Ocellaris Clown

+1 on what jptrson stated they are difficult to some but not for others, but the water needs to be pristine! and they are beautiful I am tempted to get one but my tank is only 5mo old, so I consider it difficult...:) before I forget...must aussie corals are hardier the others also.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2008
  4. jptrson

jptrson Feather Duster

You'll need one of each of course.;D
    I get them both off and on, and actually the cloves are more risky as far as carrying pest, nudibranch can wipe out a colony in a week. Best to quarantine IMO::)

5. cannedmulder

Well I am off to Indiana on Saturday for 2 weeks so I will stop in JP when I get back and see what you have at that point! Thanks!

6. ericd

ericd Astrea Snail

Still alive and kicking. Just thought I'd update. Pipe's doing great, the polyps closed up for a couple days when I re-arraigned the tank but they came back stronger than ever.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. cannedmulder

Boy I am still looking for one. It is just beautiful! Ever thought of fraging it and shipping? ;D;D;D:kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss:;););););)

8. Click Here!

9. ericd

ericd Astrea Snail

If they weren't so slow growing I'd gladly frag it but it would take years to grow back to its original size. I've seen them avail. from time to time so hopefully you'll run across one.

10. sessionthree

sessionthree Spaghetti Worm

This is a picture of one I had about 5 years ago in a little 30 gal. I had it for about a year before giving away the whole tank and livestock to someone when I moved to a different state.

The interesting thing about it is that it grew after I bought it. However, some of the polyps that grew after I bought it looked like flowers (near the bottom of the pic). The original polyps looked more like stars (middle to top of pic.)

[​IMG]

11. plandy

plandy Astrea Snail

Interesting thread. Three days ago I received a healthy small frag from Dr. Mac. Right out of the bag into the tank they wasted no time fully extending themselves swaying cheerfully with the currents. Haven't seen them retracted yet. It remains to be seen if they will be difficult for me.

12. cannedmulder