Pink streaked wrasse

Discussion in 'Tropical Fish' started by Brennan, May 10, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Brennan

Brennan Gigas Clam

I am getting a pair of these guys tomorrow for a killer deal and was wondering if there was anything special I should know. These guys aren't too big so they shouldn't contribute to bioload right? Also, is there anything special I should know about feeding them?

2. Click Here!

3. Brennan

Brennan Gigas Clam

4. loaded_guy

loaded_guy Astrea Snail

This Wrasse is in the same family or a sub of the family that the Six Lined Wrasse is in. Some might call it a Silly Six Line or a Yellow Tail Wrasse. In any case it's a fantastic fish to have.

Reef Safe, with interesting sleeping habits, may stick into a crevice at night to sleep. Most often not a bully to other fish.

Always on the go during the day swimming through the openings in rocks. Really likes overhangs, caves and areas that allow it to escape to relax.

Two meals a day of Mysis should be a good start. I feed mine that along with Seachem's Garlic Guard and his color is outstanding and he's very healthy.

Keep your nitrates down below 15ppm (weekly water change) and his colors should be great.

Congrats on the new guys!

P.S. book mark the following: www.wetwebmedia.com Most useful for information regarding different types of fish.

5. Brennan

Brennan Gigas Clam

Thank you for all that awesome info, a big help! I have tons of caves and overhangs so they pair should feel at home, and my nitrates are always 0ppm

6. pink4miss

pink4miss Panda Puffer

congrats on the new fish, be sure to post some pictures when you get them.

7. Brennan

Brennan Gigas Clam

I will! :)

8. Click Here!

9. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

Congrats on the new adds, they should spend a lot of time eating pods and pest snails like pyrams from the rocks and sand. They will most likely eat anything you offer that fits in their mouth.

10. evolved

evolved Wrasse Freak

11. Brennan

Brennan Gigas Clam

Thanks for the link! they are going to be the last fish I add so it should work out!

12. solelysoulful

solelysoulful Plankton

OMG! Congratulations! ;D These guys are one of my most favorite fish for nano tanks (I'm a nano enthusiast)! Their personalities are the complete opposite of the sixline wrasse's; they're very passive and friendly and sometimes even cryptic-like (hence the other alias is the cryptic sixline wrasse). They're very friendly and love mysis and pellets. I'd say their personality is more like a fairy wrasse's. Post pictures when you get them!