Pink Milli Question?

Discussion in 'SPS Corals' started by jfenton954, Dec 26, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. jfenton954

jfenton954 Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

I know it's only been a couple an don't know if I'm getting all worked up about nothing but I've keep an eye on all the parameters an everything is perfect but it seems like the white area is growing. What should I do?[​IMG]

2. Click Here!

3. barbianj

barbianj Hammer Head Shark

With SPS it's more about stability and consistent parameters. If all of your parameters were "perfect", you wouldn't have what looks like cyano bacteria and hair algae (possibly bryopsis) on the same rock. SPS really don't like algae.

The recession could have started with the glue, and the coral just hasn't been able to recover yet. For me, I like to find a corals sweet spot, make sure it's doing well, then glue it down.

An ATO and dosing two part would really help a lot.

4. barbianj

barbianj Hammer Head Shark

^^From your other thread, and like others have mentioned, don't make the mistake of chasing your pH around. Maintain your alkalinity, calcium, and magnesium, and keep good surface flow. Do you know what your magnesium level is?

5. jfenton954

No I don't know what it's is? I don't think I have a test for that.

6. jfenton954

For the glue comment........ There does look like there is a lot of glue coming out on the spot where it started to die. Maybe I put a little to much glue on it. Didn't even think about that when gluing it never really had this happen before. Hopefully that was the original problem. I will frag it an see what happens.